Consultant needed for D8/D9 sep or compliant D8 conversion. TIME SENSITIVE

I have 15 years of experience and work daily as a consultant and high end HPLC analytical lab rat. I recently had a very time-sensitive offer for me and one other consultant to come in and show a team how to make compliant D8.

In full transparency, I have 2 methods to make D8 that are completely different. I think my numbers are impressive with Zero CBD remaining, very little CBN (almost non detect), D8 usually in the high 70’s or 80’a and D9 THC in the single digits (sometimes as low as 1%). I am looking to improve on this, I need to get that D9 down lower or to zero if possible.

I am willing to pay for the consultation and other possible arrangements can be made (profit share etc) the customer has the contract, this has been verified and is 100% real and time is of the essence. I need to find the right SOP in the next few days.

The winning partner would have to have an SOP that rivals the ones I already have, NDA’s can and will be signed and if we feel like a combination of our methods might work the best, then we can determine the best course of action. If your method is best and you can make Zero THC D8, then we can explore a payoff, or a binding LOI requiring us to purchase a certain amount to D8 from your lab. Please message me directly and urgently as I need to make my decision very soon and start my due diligence now.

3 Likes

I’m curious what type of money and equipment you have on hand?

I don’t think it is a matter of separation chemistry, but a matter of how much money you want to pay to achieve that separation.
Say your delta 8 is now X dollars a kilo…as is…
What you have into it.
Now how much can you get a kilo for compliant delta 8.

Subtract the two…and that is the maximum you
You can put into it.

Do you have large HPLC or LC available?
Can you afford (calculation above) to pump 1-10 liters a minute of high purity solvent over those columns for 15 minutes, ?

Before separation science…do you have the dollar
Process fee…that will dictate you approach to the problem.

Best
Reos@neabay.com

6 Likes

@Roguelab is probably your man, I think he’s made ND d9 before.

I’ve got it to about 80% d8 I think in my trials. I know how to make ND d9 stuff, but it would be using @Roguelab’s methods, so try giving him a DM.

4 Likes

sounds as vague and contradictory to me as the usual talk about “ND-D9 D8 straight from the pot”.

1 Like

You realize that the lab testing it is the real issue. I’m at 1.2% d9 and any lab besides Kca will say it’s compliant.

13 Likes

******* Edited for you. Plural
Labs can see nothing.

3 Likes

Lol…

1 Like

1,2% ? This is still “big”.
In the GC method I use, the LOQ is below 0.1%.

1.2% d9 seems to really be the limit people are reaching using the sulfonic acids like PTSA. :thinking:

5 Likes

Sadly based off the graph from your conversion seeing the shoulder there probably means there’s is d9 left behind. I too once had that thought till, i actually analyzed what was going on

1 Like

It’s still admirable work. Don’t discredit yourselves.

2 Likes

I can help you to do this for free. You don’t need to pay anyone any exhortation fees.

6 Likes

A simple, but no detail missing outline for my process below:

Dissolve 30grams CBD in 500ml DCM. Dry with sodium sulfate, filter through 1micron filter. Should be a clean, transparent solute with minor hues of yellow/perhaps yellow green. 1.902grams pTSA was used for this amount.

This is added to the boiling flask and setup for reflux. Its not necessary, but i use a three neck for most reactions to monitor inside temp as well as to allow for a stopper that i can pull out to use as a nitrogen flush port/or to add reagent through. So speaking of which, flush your reaction environment with N2/Ar. N2 is way more economical for this process.

Set condenser to 0-10c. Doesn’t really matter. Reflux for 2h 30min.

Once allotted time is up, neutralize with Sodium Bicarbonate using 1mol NaHC03:1mol pTSA. I do this by beaker on stir plate for ~15min. However long it takes to get to the clarity on picture 3. That picture is literally just right after a neutralization. Not any washes. I find the key to that clarity for me, is using deionized water.

Once neutralized, separate the aqueous layer, do a brine wash(some people i think are saturating their water for brine washes, this is not necessary), then once more a D.I. Water wash. Dry with sodium sulfate, filter and evaporate. At this step, if you have followed traditional technique and tapped your heels three times you should have your 94%+ delta8 with low(1-5% D9).

Here’s where you will take your remaining residue, no solvent(or at least solvent evaporated before you add reagent, doesn’t have to be but guarantees strength of media), REFLUX under vacuum until you hit 150c INTERNAL TEMPERATURE. Add T-41 to boiling flask in a percentage of 20% by weight. (1000kg in the flask, 200grams media)

Doesnt matter what your mantle says, you may not be at that temp unless you have a probe inside your reaction flask telling you so. Once you hit the temp 150c. Set a timer for thirty minutes. Once your thirty minutes is up, kill vac, replace your reflux condenser with a distillation head and collection that beautiful bounty of non detect d9. The test results I’ve posted down below are a result of a process i did in a hurry, and I didn’t distill. I simply refluxed with T-41 for thirty minutes, let the residue cool to below 60c, added heptane to dissolve and then filtered with 20micron, 10micron and then 1 micron. Evaporated solvent and dropped it off at testing, hence the lower d8. Admittedly, this is the lowest test score I have ever gotten in d8. Finishing this process correctly by actually distilling you will achieve the product you want.

Now I already know there is going to be hate/doubt. I myself am skeptical of so so much in this industry. But please, to those experienced enough in the art and are traditionally trained like myself, even if you think you’ve tried this process before, just follow these instructions and let me know what results you get. You wont be let down. Pictures below:

This picture below is from a hexane reaction where the organic layer is on top, if you did a DCM reaction, the organic is on the bottom.

Oh and all these pictures are from the same reaction except picture three. They are all pictures from my hexane reaction, but are simply posted for visual reference to the OP. I will post Pictures of the process with Dichloromethane soon on a separate thread.
Sorry for the edits, I keep forgetting small details. Tsk tsk

28 Likes

I’m grateful you shared these procedures. Cheers

3 Likes

Did you start with isolate?

What’s the other 36% in your rxn? If the 64% is d8?

2 Likes

It absolutely does have d9, I believe Kca and on that same note, no one has compliant d8 so when op is asking about compliant he must mean compliant at other labs. Not actual compliance.

5 Likes

Color looks like op used isolate. I always get pink when using iso. Tan and gold if +90% disty. I’m really horrible at chemistry though.

1 Like

Good write up. Great job.i should give you a job

On a note I love dcm. It’s my favorite to work with but people fear it.

8 Likes

Don’t fear the reefer

2 Likes

Upon distillation of a product like this your percentage should hit above 95% if you have the experience necessary in a short path.

Like i said though, this is just for example, as these are the lowest results I’ve ever had finishing the t41 reflux. Typical numbers are above 90% even after the reflux, with distillation really spiking that up another 5%.

I’ll post the same procedure soon with results from a fully completed procedure. With test results from multiple labs, hopefully that will ease the qualm.

6 Likes

Thanks Ziegler. Patiently waiting