Complete Distillation and Extraction Equipment – Will Deliver and Install.

A 40k SPD outperforms a 40k 2-4" wiper.

It takes me less than 3-5 minutes to strip and clean a rbf. Not hard. I clean and reassemble my SPD in meere minutes and leave it ready for next fill right when I’m done.

1 Like

How’s that video coming man? Are the special effects and sound design finished yet ??:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I love it when people try to compare a batch instrument to a continuous instrument as though they’re meant for the same type of operation. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Marijuana laws almost all mandate batch testing…so you have to do batch processing.

2 Likes

MA has batch testing regs, we still use RFE for large scale distillation in a continuous format. Large scale companies have teams of QC/compliance guys to make that possible.

Everyone frames the WFE vs SPD conversation as “which is better for cannabis distillation” when the real conversation should be “which is better for your particular operation”

It is silly and pointless to debate the needs of small labs versus large labs. The throughput demands, capital funding, staffing, etc are totally different and most of the guys I know who try to frame it in the one vs the other convo have almost always never worked in a large scale lab.

I’ve set up and worked in labs from the size of a closet to 7 figure commercial and some had SPD and some had WFE, it was all dependent on their needs

5 Likes

If your budget for distillation is $40k then you’re not someone who needs a WFE, so yeah of course a small to medium lab would opt to have a high end SPD. 2" WFE are only good for teaching classes and sample prep in well funded research labs.

When you’re building a large scale facility and you have a $100k+ budget for distillation then SPD is almost certainly impractical for your needs. There is no way to automate and design a closed system with SPD to match the needs of a large processing facility. You dont need to be a huge hemp toll processor to be at this scale, but yes you are correct it is not for small operations, but the operations that need each instrument are not comparable.

My opinion as someone with years of experience with both still pot spd and wiped film is always to wear the right gloves for the job.

5 Likes

Can u do several batch systems, staggered? Seems like u can build 3-4 Spd’s for the price of a wfe. Kind of like the booze guys. Many pot stills going at once. Also, down time is covered by multiple units running. If one fails your still running. Batch but continous process I guess.

2 Likes

You could, many labs do. Once you get past practicality and efficiency its personal preference, and if a lab director prefers SPD then that sort of thing might be worth it.

I feel the majority of folks on here and in the game have never used a WFE, and if they have they often haven’t spent years working on a variety of companies rigs, glass and stainless models, evaporator sizes, feedstock qualities, etc so they arent familiar with how different units operate. I have the benefit of having used many different models of both SPD and WFE, in both the CBD and THC industries, and varying production demands. After all the time I’ve spent on these units I will take a SS 6" WFE over anything else so long as the operation is large enough. I will use SPD for analytical sample prep, reactions such as D8, and for small labs on a budget.

When the budget allows I like to have both WFE and SPD in the lab as they both have their place and purpose.

My overall thought is that I find it ridiculous that people sit around comparing the two as though they’re the exact same tool used for the exact same purpose. I just look at the conversation as a comparison of the efficiency of 5 GMC denalis vs 1 Cat 740 at moving dirt and one guy has a small landscaping business and the other does surface coal mining.

8 Likes

How much you asking on the cyro walk in freezer?
Do you have pics and measurements on it?

Make a video of you breaking down, cleaning and reassembling your unit in minutes. That’s absolute bullshit.

Take atleast 30 mins Minimum to do all that and that’s still at lightning nascar pitstop crew speeds.

Let’s see it. You take a fully dirty 22L system, tear it down, clean it totally fresh, reassemble, reload it and take it right up to be ready to start in even 30 mins flat and I’ll eat my freakin shirt

4 Likes

I mostly agree with you, but it isn’t the operation/lab size that matters, it is the batch size.

It could be a large lab that does lots of small batches for different clients.

In my last life I had to maintain a sizer application for virtual servers. I needed to know the workload before I could recommend the best hardware solution. I feel like this is the same problem.

1 Like

I did classes and showed hundreds of people how to do this.

Just because you are unable to do it doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

It just means you haven’t practiced or opened your mind up.

Get some kevlar gloves. Get some hot solvent and get a good proper rack setup so you can swing your glass out and complete this task easily…

I’m not going to make a rediculous video beause you are closed minded and arrogant to options that may make your life easier.

I’m not taunting here by any means but I would surely like to see this sop or video of quick cleaning glass. Thanks

THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.

once again king exaggeration and name calling strikes again! “But why do people always troll me!!!” Right? Lmao

Dude… it simply takes 5-10 just to heat your next load and then pour it all in. Then takes like 5 mins to fully disassemble. Then takes another 10 mins to assemble properly with correct grease and not allowing vac leaks. This isn’t including cleaning all that glasses old grease, remaining distillate, terps, etc, AND cleaning your boiling flask.

And this is straight up once again nascar pit stop speeds, but I’ll admit if your rly damn trying and hauling ass this is about as fast as your gonna get it done regardless.

So ya… once again you sit on a throne of shit and lies :grin:

But you probably can tear it down in 5 mins flat! Right after you got done doing 8 LPH! In fact you probably can do a 15L run in 2.5 hours flat right!?!?

Even your boy Hobbes says those times are bullshit. Soooo what magical Houdini person do you have doing these 3 hour 20L runs for you man???

4 Likes

Do you have the Delta Falling Film extractor or Rolled Film Distillation available, new in crate and which models. Wanting to purchase immediately, thanks

Trying to find out what you still have up for sale… Delta?
Thanks

Nice handle you got there

You should upgrade your version of this Cindy. The one we bought has hydraulic rams to counteract the weight of the lid when you swing it open, but is otherwise about the same.