Cold trap empty during SPD

Hi all,

Sorry for my english i’m french :wink:
During my last distillation SPD on THC material, I absolutely didn’t capture anything in the cold trap, no volatile vapor, no ethanol vapor, yet the trap was filled with dry ice. Is it normal? During my previous distillations on CBD material I always had a well-filled cold trap flask …

I’m using OSS glassware, 17.5CFM rotary pump, rotovap and decarboxylation @140C before distillation, I use BHO as primary material.

Thank a lot,

A bientôt :wink:

2 Likes

What was your input material? If it was distillate and you’re running a second pass it’s possible who ever did the first pass just dug into the main fraction and did a good job a removing all the other shit that would have otherwise ended up in your trap

Edit: are you only running dry ice in it? You’ll need to add some ethanol or something to the trap as well

4 Likes

Hi

My input material is bho from THC plant and some hash residues diluted in ethanol.Yes i’m only running dry ice in the trap, can I add isopropyl ?

Could my vacuum pump be too powerful and draw the vapors too quickly so that they cannot condense?

1 Like

Usually i get a lot of blue stuff (azulène?) in my head fraction when i distill from bho, like this

This is your issue. Iso will give better thermal contact

5 Likes

Check your vac oil before and after. I bet it has changed color or is now developing a layer of terps on top.

2 Likes

Ho sisi!