Cold solvent over sugar wax chips

So I had some terpy sugar chips and wanted to remove some terps sauce from it. I drained as much terp sauce as I could from it. I put the sugar chips that was drained of sauce on a mesh screen and had a Pyrex under the mesh screen. I got some solvent chilled it and chilled the sugar chips as well. I poured the solvent over the sugar chips wanting it to remove some terp sauce and I knew some sugar chips would go with the solvent and end up in the pyex on the bottom. After I put the sugar chips that I had ran solvent through in a jar I notice on the pyrex at the bottom there was a lot of white like sugar looking stuff. I poured the solvent in a jar and noticed the white sugar kind of stood where it was. After I let the solvent dry from the white stuff I took it all out with a pick and that is what it looked like. Anyone know what that is?

dirty THCA isolate

4 Likes

It looks like fat or wax but I doubt that as you just washed the chips. It also looks like the white powdery formations you would get out of the azeotrope with a quick wash. Was your ethanol opened to the air, or recycled? How did you chill your materials and how cold? Maybe residual water from an eth/h2o azeotrope. Was your sugar crc?

Try melting some on a hotplate and see if it melts or evaporates anything off? Dab that shit.

1 Like

I used chilled butane to do a quick wash and it was in the open. I stuck a jar full of the sugar chips in a dry ice cooler that is how I got it cold. Yes it was dewaxed and crc
It has a slight nice scent to it.

What do you mean by dirty?

I mean it is not pure isolate…you were washing right?!?

what exactly was it you were trying to wash off?

do folks extract with butane at that temp?

so what did you bring along in addition to that you wished to remove?

7 Likes

Like he said it’s thca isolate . 90%+

Crush it up , fully dissolve in pentane and grow diamonds

2 Likes

I said I was trying to wash off some excess terp sauce can you not read ?

1 Like

You obviously can’t…try the search bar

3 Likes

Ended up with a more dry sugar what I wanted.

1 Like

12 Likes

should have used DI cold ethanol, aka everclear and do it fast w buchner funnel

2 Likes

what does this have to do with the post. Stick to the subject don’t people always complain about that.

thank you I will try that next time.

He was being helpful. You took it the wrong way.

4 Likes

Well I hope I don’t run into more people that help in that manner lol
StoneD was helpful and direct i appreciate that

we all help in our own ways on this site. everyone here is unique.

11 Likes

Yep.

So what was the “dirt” of which you claimed no knowledge?

You asked what you had in the jar. I told you what I though it was. You asked what I meant by “Dirty”.

That which you was trying to wash off!

you were successful… AND washed some other stuff off. I did tell you what the other stuff was.

So, you clearly KNOW what the “dirt” is…you were deliberately trying to remove it!

Handing you the answer doesn’t help you next time.

I was trying to help you by getting you to look at the problem critically and answer the question yourself…which might help you next time.

What a fucking asshole I am…

Was trying to lead you to water.

If you need your head held under, I’m out.

19 Likes

Too much work, direct spoon plz

Edit: and if you’re a fucking asshole, you’re my kinda asshole lol.

9 Likes

Don’t stand for it !
All these blind, non reading people trying to help !

3 Likes