Cold solvent extraction and filtration question

If I am pushing a subzero hydrocarbon solvent with nitrogen through a dewaxing column with dry ice or a dry ice slurry, do I really need any filtration? If I do, how many filters and what micron(s) do you recommend?

Yea you want some kind of filter at a basic (keeping trim out of your extract) level but its up to you how fine you want to filter down to. Another factor you’ll likely want to consider is Saturation time my friend.

Its really a question of what kind of material is it?
and what are you trying to create end product wise?

2 Likes

I’m just gonna say it. I’ve seen your multiple basic question threads.

Please utilize our search engine and read our forum. We’ve all put a lot of work into compiling a bunch of useful information in these halls.

Please get your reading time up and consider pausing the trigger happy threads. It’s all here. Just read for a few days.

4 Likes

if you precipitate the fats and waxes by getting things really cold, and DON’T have any filtration, how are you removing said precipitate?

Um yes. You will need a filter in order to filter out the fats and waxes. :spoon:

yes you will need to filter the precipitate that you have dropped out as a result of using subzero conditions. Depending on tight you wish to go will determine the filtration train required.