Cold Press Extractors

It’s called cold pressing, but the friction of a screw press actually raises the temperature quite hot. up to 90C even if no external heating is used.

2 Likes

I wonder if you just rocked a centrifuge with a jet of hot nitrogen running in it, if you’d just puke out the oils out the sides.

3 Likes

Now that sounds like a fun experiment! Collection might be a bit tricky to figure out, but the wheels are spinning now…

Edit: pun intended.

1 Like

like a honey spinner :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

2 Likes

WE INTERESTED JUST DM. Cold Press Extractors

Thats very cool! Not very high strengths but still.

https://apexhempoil.com/quality-control/

I have a restaurant sized stainless trash compactor. I’m wondering if it could be used in lieu of a centrifuge to get the ethanol out for processing in a rotovap? Any input is appreciated.

While it can be used, what you get back will require significant post processing. Trash compactors are not exactly gentle, and as with any other crushing or pressing method for solvent recovery, they will cause cell walls to burst and expel a significant amount of undesirables into your product. This is why fuges are preferred.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info I understand that it’s not a preferred thing but I just happen to have a large trash compactor that I was looking to repurpose.

1 Like

We see about a 5 degree difference from material going in vs out on the Vincent Presses. If you really crank up the PSI and lower the RPM of the screw you might see 10 degree difference. To get to the 90 degree you are talking about we would need to inject steam into the resistor bars which does no good when they are trying to monetize their post process material by recovering more solvent/CBD.

2 Likes

I just got this sent to me… I think this has hemp seed oil in it too, but I wonder if you distilled it if it could still be taken to isolate?
Cold Press Extraction v4 dg.pdf (2.0 MB)

I’m having a hard time with a product I carry in my shop. Lowell’s Smokes has created a Cold Pressed Cannabis Oil disposable vape pen and it claims to be completely solventless. After doing some digging and trying to get info out of the sales rep, it looks like they just did a cold press on some ice hash.
How are they keeping the oil so viscous and never running into any sort of solidification if it’s a simple press of some bubble hash?!

2 Likes

Bump, curious about this as well

1 Like

Have any coas of recent products? Just because they cold pressed it doesn’t mean they didn’t decarb after! The last one I saw in retail tested around 48% THC. So the product was heated/decarbed in some manner.