Cold crash and pour

That’s about 20-30 min after cryo just warmed up enough to turn back see thru… Except the chunks in the bottom, thats a Crystallize cold crash I’m assuming, just taking it in and out cryo , let more evap back to cryo

2 Likes

How long does it take to cold crash? And what temp?
I was thinking of dewaxing in a collection pot and freeze out undesirables but. . not after diamonds so wanna remove before crash?

That sort of depends on the condition of your gas these days. Folks are actually having THCA crash out in their material columns…

Im just imagining when inturn pot over those crystals getti g caught up in the fats? Hmmm
Aftet a lil reading im leaning towards 12 chilll? For that volume of 12x12

If you want to be selective about what your causing to crash or of solution then you need to be able to temperature control the vessel.

3 Likes

I have lots of experience from open blast days with cold crashing. There are a few caveats and I have an sop for single solvent (butane) dewaxing that doesn’t crash out your thca

Gonna be 500 bucks to get me to open source it. It’s stupid simple though and you won’t have to buy anything

1 Like

Here’s a free “sop” that negates the need for dewaxing. Push your room temp butane through a 50 ft 3/8" coil in dry ice pellets, no solvent, and fill up your (fully insulated and under vacuum) extraction column then open the bottom and push through with an additional column’s worth of solvent, no additional soak. Optionally perform CRC filtration then even if you don’t, filter your extract down to 1 um before recovering in the collection vessel. Enjoy nice extracts.

6 Likes