COA probs?!

Send 2 samples of same bud.

One wet 18% CBDa , ND THCA

One dried. 18% CBDa, .6% THCA

Why am I getting these results?

What is the lab’s LOD for THC?

Looks like they can see the high end well, but missing the low end.

If they dried the wet sample did they apply heat to it?

We’re happy to retest for you at a discounted rate.

3 Likes

How did you dry the buds?
How are you collecting these samples?

Can you explain your sample taking process?
Are you hand picking a couple buds and sending them off for testing?
or
Are you taking a bunch of little samples from all over the plant (or super sack bag) and then homogenizing those samples by grinding and then sending it in for testing?

2 Likes

I like @kcalabs perspective from the testing side.

From the growing side, the tops always test with more THC with high fertilizer EC, direct light or environment heat compared to the lowers on the plant.

@thesk8nmidget 's method would give a nice plant average.

1 Like

This is part of an SOP i wrote for testing input material a while back. I refer to supersacks but the same idea could be used for a whole plant

Testing Protocols

• Once the biomass has been weighed and labeled you may take samples for testing.
  • Your hands must be washed and gloves must be changed every time you reach into a different bag as not to cross-contaminate.
  • Gather several samples from different parts of the bag, you want to get a good representation of the entire bags content. (Sample in a grid pattern going across the super sack and then all the way down into it, you could take up to 12 samples of one bag to be homogenized)
  • Place the gathered samples in a clean and sanitized blender.
  • Homogenize the samples to achieve a particle size of no bigger than a half grain of rice.
  • Place the homogenized sample in a sterilized container.
  • Label the container with the same naming convention as the bag of biomass
  • Place the container in another bag in case of breakage and package very well with bubble wrap or paper packing. You want to make sure you can’t hear anything moving around after the box is taped, this should mean its packaged well enough.
  • Write a note to the testing lab specifying what tests are needed.
    • Ex. Dear testing lab , Please test the included sample for cannabinoid content. Thanks, Business name
3 Likes