CO2 Oil based THC Tincture

I am trying to create a THC tincture from my CO2 extracted cold press. I am using vegetable glycerin and mct oil trying different combinations. I am using sunflower lecithin. I have used mixers, sonicator, magnetic stirrers and probably a bit to much heat at times but still cant get it to homogenize.

1 Like

have you tried a homogenizer? Idk about the stuff ur adding but to mix in the vg u definitely need one but after month or so it may seperate back

1 Like

Thanks for the input! I tried that as well it just separates back so quickly like you mentioned. I guess just include a “shake well before use” label lol.

Ditch vg lol

4 Likes

Maybe you can elaborate on how you get your crude that you mix with the MCT Oil? I am no expert at all but I think CO2 and Cold Press are different extraction methods to get the crude. You should only need to mix MCT Oil with the CO2 crude. Do you decarb your material before extraction?

I use a CO2 extraction machine (midas 12) and yeah its decarbed.

Use a beaker and a magnetic stir stick on a hot stir plate. Add a measured amount of decarbed crude to the MCT Oil which will be warming on the plate. Allow plenty of time for everything to mix in, sometimes you might have to unstick crude from the glass walls. Never had any issues with separation using the method above.

Why vg? There’s not much reason to do a mixture just stick with mct oil

2 Likes

Thanks thats what Ive been doing, I think its the VG causing the issues I was just looking to try using something else I guess I will try just MCT Oil like @Headys and @stoopkid said lol

VG is a lousy solvent for our target molecules… MCT makes great tinctures.

What is the reasoning behind adding VG?

Have you read on the subject?!?

Eg: CAT Homogenizer for vg tincture

Or Has anyone had success with PG infusion of THC?

3 Likes

Just currently have a surplus of VG and trying to put it to use.

thanks for the helpful links