CO2 extraction with micron bags

Hello All,

Just started using micron bags in my CO2 extraction, a little concerned that i am not extracting all of the cannabinoids because the biomass isnt getting saturated enough.
were using 90 Micron MASH 710 bags 15.75 X 27, with 5lbs dried and ground in each, going into a 20L apex vessel. Running for 3-4 hours at sub 2000psi in my extraction vessel and 450-500psi in the separators. my yields have been suffering lately and im wondering if im not squeezing everything i can out. Any input would be much appreciated.

1 Like

You should chat with Apeks about that. They were exploring micron bags last year but I believe they abandoned the idea because of what you’re seeing here.

Also, when you say 3-4 hours is that total time for a full 20L? If so that’s probably way too little time. Typically most folks I know run 1.5-2 hrs per pound of biomass. We did this as well when we were doing CO2 extraction.

2 Likes

yeah we do a 3-4 hour run with 3/4 of the 20L filled we leave about 20% space. we used to run for 1.5 hours per pound, then we had a consultant come in and tell us we could extract all cannabinoids using his method in 3-4 hours. it started off decent (not even that great) but my yields have gotten worse and worse.

Maybe you should convert your other machine. Or pay me for my first conversion or I will come a retrieve my hardware. I did make your machine much safer after all, you should pay for that.

maybe you should show up when your scheduled to and not delete your social media and disconnect your phone for 3 months. we have never not paid any consultant thats entered this lab. If you kept working with us as scheduled maybe i wouldnt even have had to make this post.

1 Like