Co2 extraction problems

Are you running 3a inline during extraction?

1 Like

Probably not the way that you mean; we run it after collection to clean the solvent during recovery (ie on the way back to bulk storage or the pump bank)

1 Like

“7% terpene content in the end” @TreeMonsters is that after formulation or total recovery after extraction?

The 7% content in the end is my way of saying it constituted 7% of the total final product ready to be packaged and sold. My terpene yields on plant material, collected weight divided by input weight, range from 0.5% - 2.2% on average. That yield percentage largely depends on input quality, obviously. Hope that helps a bit.

1 Like

Any suggestion for Post Processing? I don’t have and EtOH skid.

I guess I’d have to know what kind of volume you’re running/what kind of products. Some people do really well with CO2 making good extracts straight out of the machine, others run a bunch of super fatty crude.

For the super fatty crude, the answers pretty much involve solvents. I like methanol and heptane personally

1 Like

Which filter did you buy? Is it high pressure?

Hey can you tell us more about the coalescing filter?

1 Like

Any advice on these settings? Thank you in advance

Any crazy temperature differentials? Any parts getting abnormally cold?

I guess im looking to dial in the proper settings for the temps and psi to pull a terp fraction on first pass then do a second pass pulling all the leftover cannabanoids.

Ik I’m 2 yrs too late but omg rly!!!

2 Likes

Yes, like from none to a whole lot. Sub 900psi cold liquid won’t extract any water

1 Like

I have a mechanical cold trap and a ton of fresh herb I should try this on…

2 Likes

It’s still in the box

1 Like

Let me know how it goes if you do

1 Like

What parameters are you running on your co2 terp pulls for 2-8%?

1-you can strip terpenes via vac oven >cold trap while decarbing bio mass prior to extraction
2- yes, low moisture content in bio mass will increase yields and efficiency

1 Like

Lol

7 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: CO2 pump malfunction