Cmep making strange noise after rebuild

Hey guys just had bottom end removed and shipped to cmepshop in san rafeal, theh did great job with rebuild but i am still experiencing a intermittent rattle every 5 secomds sounds like it could be coming from motor… has anyone experienced this? Also anyome know of a cmep repair shop around eugene or anyone selling an extra?

Rattle the fan back and forth, theres a coupler between the electric motor and cmep pump, it can wear and get a little loose and rattle… See if it seems to come from there. Its just a noise issue if its that.

To fix it you have to replace the crank. Theyre under 200 bucks. The electric motor side can wear but usually not first.

I will check the fan u mean the radiotor fan or motor fan? Will there be some play in it? Here is an audio clip

The blue fan on the inside of the radiator. Its hard to tell, is it more of a dry bearing sound or the sound of something with a little play in it?

Yo! Its Rob from the CMEP Shop. Cal, text, or email me and I will trouble shoot with you. Sounds like a cricket… This a new one but Ill work with you to get it figured out.

First question. Is the fan fully secured on with blue lock-tite? If it moves a little i have heard different noises.

1 Like

I uploaded a video now with a bit better audio. https://vimeo.com/424412757.

Ill text ya Rob! Thanks.

Sounds like a bearing is bad somewhere in the unit.

These are all brand new bearings. Generally a bad bearing makes loud screeching noise. This is obviously not that.

I was thinking it might be a clank from the crank/electric motor drive being worn a little loose maybe

Sounds oddly similar to the sound I had a chiller make one time (brand new out of the box). We originally thought it may have been the fan, but after exhaustive troubleshooting both with and without the manufacturer, it was discovered that the motor’s vibrations were causing the chiller’s outer housing to vibrate into becoming the world’s most annoying cricket. May not be what’s going on here, but the sound is identical.

The issue was excessive vibration that caused the compression fittings behind the out valve to loose. Mechanics stethoscope was handy. Thanks CMEP shop for the quick rebuild it sounds much better and Rob is the man to see if yours fails. He had mine done the same day he recieved it!

2 Likes