Cls vapor lock

do you have a way to recover from your column instead of adding pressure ?

How are you going to test your hypothesis?

I would expect negligible differences, so your test procedure might be important.

Original Post was from March 2018…I suspect they’ve solved their vapor lock issue.

…an yeah, probably.

1 Like

I was relying on my lel meter and scale. I welcome suggestions.

Put the coil in warm water while the tank is being cooled you can pull all the fuel out everything

Sorry this is off topic y’all

i did that, im thinking the storage tank got nitrogen in it so just heating butane isnt enough pressure even though the storage is now under zero f Its my first time with pure butane and nitrogen. I did zero crc and its dark- thats actually whats preferred by my friend. Or diamonds and sauce is acceptable.

1 Like

If u keep the storage tank below ur gases liquid temp u can physically purge out ur tank through coil back to the collection pot. So say u can’t cool your collection pot bc it’s so big…but your cooling ur recovery tank…well open the valve on the tank to vent then open the valve to collection like recovery… It’ll literally bleed out through the lines out the solvent tank back to 0psi ,then you just got out nitro without losing gas and not being able to cool the collection all running passive

And yeah in ur setup vent the tank before trying to pull that fuel over from the coil in hot water.if you get ur collection cold enough and vent it before u start it’ll pull all the gas outta the coil

1 Like

so pushing it back out? also at that time my tube is all frozen so i still have alot of gas in it so what if it turned liquid and went into the storage tank= im not using a stainless with a triclamp. Im using a carbon refrigeration tank I saw some cheapos posted but im always investing every cent and dont have enough for it.

1 Like

Is this an Injection coil or recovery coik

if fuked= i use it on both ends-= on injection i finish with a nitro push and it clears the coil and pushes a bit. then i move it to the ass end of a trs 21. It wouldve all worked perfect but it was like 3 am and i ran out of ice on recovery coil . so next day i decided to fuck the trs and just do with heat like normal but it stalled. i think next time ill use the trs 21 the whole run and itll just work. im gonna use crc so prolly need a nitro push too. I even have 2 coils but i bought a bunch of swagelok compression to jic fittings and cant find them-= im a weirdo and hate buying shit I know i already have. Number one= i need a easy fitting with a guge to check my tank. and 2 i need more dry ice. number 3 either valve off my coil or have 2. coils. Ive been running mixes since my first tank my 2nd tank bvv gave me mislabelled iso and forgot how butane behaves and never used nitrogen on it before I read butane makes stable shatter so im trying it again. The tank is rated for 600 psi so its not gonna blow from my 50 lb nitro push like a triclamp may.

i figured out what you said= im always investing and feel like this giant hashoil machine drains my funds. I only have one storage,i need to get the extractor depot one and then that can be cold even while pumping out the first one.

My if I try moving this conversation to another thread so someone later on reading can follow along in better topic

Maybe a vapor lock topic?

vapor lock is what got me… I remember that from pure butane. my temps off too, i usually use 50 lbs for a run or 2 and this time i used cold salty ice on most of it. the dry ice place got me i called all of them and one had it for 80 cent a lb. but he sounded really unenthuiastic about staying open the advertised hours. I begged him to stay at least a half hour before closing and he said ok unenthusiastically- bad wook. So then i couldnt find my car keys for 10 minutes so called and told him he can go home.

1 Like