CLS filtration

My 2# CLS unit came stock with a 3" Viton 150 micron gasket filter at the end of my material column, followed by a 3" filter plate with a 100 mesh SS filter, followed by another 3" viton 150 micron gasket filter, then a 3" to 1.5" reducer, and a final 1.5" 150 micron gasket filter before my ball valve.

I want to improve the filtration so looking at buying a 5 micron sintered disk for my reducer. What should I step down by before my reducer? My filter plate has a 100 mesh SS screen with a clip, should I get a 3" 50 micron Viton gaket for under my filter plate before my reducer. Or is that too big of a step going from 50 microns down to 5 micron?

Thanks guys

Filter plates with paper filters. Get way smaller than 50. I start at 11 micron and end with 3 micron paper filters before the real filtration begins.

2 Likes

Just get a spool and a filter plate 1 micron from @Killa12345…pack a 1 to 2in cake of DE and drop in the other adsorbents of your choice on top of that and you’re good to go. The DE works like a 3D filter paper and filters down to 2 microns itself

Even his 5micron filter plates will work as long as you use QuickSand DE to make sure no dust makes it through. Some DE has dust itself that will make it past the 1 micron as well so be careful when picking your DE source

2 Likes

What terps do

So can I just buy filter paper, cut to size and place under ring in my filter plate? I’m looking at getting a dutch weave or sintered disk under the filter plate before the reducer that is between 1-5 micron now. I will in the future add a 3" spool ontop of my filter plate to make some what of a CRC column. But for now, I just need best filtration without adding the powders at the moment.

I don’t cut it, just press it under the ring above the plate. It makes a little bowl and helps with keeping stuff back. It’s decent for preliminary filtration.

I’ll dm you and we can chat more in private, these inter webs are scary.

how can I post for help on the site? sorry for bombing thread

Whatcha need?

1 Like

I just bought my first 20lb closed loop had some issues so far trying to run it . was looking to make a post for help .

I can help, to the inbox!

2 Likes

awesome thank you !!

5 Likes

That is beautiful my friend, but you might want to replace those fittings that your column mounted on with steel. I’ve broken lots of brass fittings.

2 Likes

Yep already on it! It was a temporary.

2 Likes