CLS, CRC and Buchner Funnel

A lot to unpack here, First step take a deep breath…

Why not try running a secondary dewax column prior to your CRC? I think you can nix a good deal of the waxes in the bud No punn intended lol

Test an Idea, Analyze your Data, and Present your findings

My thought when selecting a CRC spool is this:

How many pounds of solvent do I pass thru a material spool? This informs you on how much filter media you need to hold for a extraction. after you know that it just becomes a matter of figuring out what types of media will give you your desired results.

If you want to and are comfortable using fresh frozen material by all means (gopher it) it will be better most likely but obviously will be more of an investment resource wise.

So the BVV setup comes with a 6" - 6" spool to hold your media, that’s gonna be probably 900G-1100G of media maxed out to the top , depending on what you decide to run with media wise. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but Carbon Chemisrty and Chemtek both recommend a starting range of about 100G of media to pound of material you run, Media bros is a bit higher at 175g per pound.

So that means for a 6" CRC from BVV you’ll Likely be purchasing a Kit that was intended to have about 10 lbs put thru it. So if you shit 10 lbs of fresh frozen before breakfast then that Kit will probably work for you but if you wana do smaller runs i.e. pounds or even ounces of material at a time, then this kits probably gonna be over powered.

Best of Luck to you.

I tend to agree with the other guys tho hire a consultant to better answer your questions, to show you how to do the things you want to do; and teach you how to ask the right questions. To make the whole process less scary or stressful.

3 Likes

“How many pounds of solvent do I pass thru a material spool? This informs you on how much filter media you need to hold for a extraction. after you know that it just becomes a matter of figuring out what types of media will give you your desired results”.

Ok. So if I buy a 1 pound closed system, the butane (here I don’t know if I could find some propane) would be x 10 ? so 10 pound? So I need media filter for 10 pound of butane? Butane is liquid so how much is 10 pound? 8 liter?
So I need crc and media for 8 liter of butane? confusing

I wrote two times a message, so I delete this.

“So the BVV setup comes with a 6” - 6" spool to hold your media, that’s gonna be probably 900G-1100G of media maxed out to the top , depending on what you decide to run with media wise. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but Carbon Chemisrty and Chemtek both recommend a starting range of about 100G of media to pound of material you run, Media bros is a bit higher at 175g per pound".

900 Gr of media? so 9 pound of materials?

Maybe I didn’t understand well what Murphy wrote. Anyway u suggest to start with B80 or W1 alone? What material is W1? and B80? So after starting with W1 and B80, I could add silica or bentonite clays if needed. I need to know the idea behind setting the media and choose the right one for the material I have. I will try BVV premade filter, W1 or b80 alone, the Murphy mix I posted (45% silica gel, 45% T5 and 10% T41), and only clay on fresh material like waxplug1 said.

Sorry my phone died yesterday during our call. Check this example out. This biomass is old. At this point it has a bunch of soaps/lipids/fats etc. so if you try to clean it with just clay it will still come out dark like.

In this image you see the material ran with only clay.(jar on left side) The clay can be any of your choice but in this case acidic will help. The benefits of using only clay is that it will yield better potency/purity. However here the biomass aged so now we need to add silica. Silica helps by removing the soaps/fats/lipids etc. that are hydrophilic. Those same fats will protect the chlorophyll from the bleaching clay so by removing them with silica you can allow the clay to bleach. That’s how I got the same trim to yield the yellow color you see in this jar.(jar on right side) However potency went down but it was a necessary sacrifice to produce a better looking oil.

To summarize this it’s better to use only clay on fresh material and only add silica when needed. Carbon has its place but that depends on your system design and you can avoid using it all together unless dealing with pesticides

13 Likes

Not clear this thing. Update: understood

1 Like

The fats will prevent the bleaching clays from attaching to the chlorophyll. Fats are easier to remove when there’s moisture. Bleaching clay can hold up to 15% moisture where silica can hold up to 50% sometimes more. That is the reason silica works better for removing fats which then allows the clays to remove chlorophyll

4 Likes

ok now its clear

1 Like

clays only remove chlorophil or pigments too? The role of T41? Is it clay + carbon? Clays could be: activated bentonite clay or bleaching clay. Or same staff ?

Yes for the most part and fats with the small amount of moisture that’s in them which is why you see better clarity with high moisture clays.

Silica does not remove chlorophyll.

1 Like

Bentonite clay and bleaching clay are the same thing right?

About waxes: is it correct talk about waxes or its all soaps, fats and lipids? I mean ‘waxes’ is not technically correct right?

1 Like

Bleaching clays are bentonite, sepiolite, attapulgite. They perform almost the same so any of those will work for the “bleaching clay” part of the crc.

Fats/waxes/lipids are all a family of phospholipids but when we talk about them we usually refer to the stuff we winterize out

3 Likes

yes, the stuff in the paper filter after butane’s Buchner funnel

1 Like

doesnt that slow things to a halt?

ok i didn’t read this part well, or I didn’t understand or I was too high, I don’t know.
So 10 lbs, 4,5 kilos, with 8 liter of butane/propane. It seem too big to start, now I see the point

Yo, are these available yet? I keep checking

1 Like

8pm they drop. I only have a limited quantity on these. In 3 weeks I’ll have more in stock as well as different sizes

I’m making these standard issue in the spray heads as well inside that little void section

7 Likes

@Waxplug1 how do they compare with ulti filters from indo