Cloudy thick carts

Decarbed some somewhat cloudy light shatter. Decarbed until all bubbles stopped Took a long time for bubbles to stop. Mixed in terpenes and applied light heat. When warm the solution looks great, blonde clear good viscosity but as it cools it gets cloudier and foggier as well as loses its viscosity and becomes too thick for bubbles to move. I can’t seem to get this batch right and was hoping one of y’all might have an idea. Tried reading for similar issues but can’t seem to fix it. Was this shatter just not ideal for carts maybe? Any thoughts are appreciated have a good day!

I’m not one to usually say this but something about that looks weird. Is the shatter from somewhere reliable?

what did you use for terpenes? I’ve had fake flavored stuff do this but I’m pretty sure they had some flavoring in them. are you sure there isn’t prop glycol or veg glycerine in here?

That thar needs winterized!

5 Likes

He right. Mad fats in there. Looks like bleached fats and waxes. Let us know if it smoked all the way down. I’d be willing to bet it clogs half way.

1 Like

Yeah, if you notice waxes and fats will probably accumulate on the intakes until it can no longer pass through and vape. Winterize.

2 Likes

Would a syringe filter help this situation at all?

Itd probably take an hour to push 1mL

1 Like

Even if it’s heated? Just because of the high fat wax content?

Yeah, that’d take forever, even if heated. You need to winterize in alcohol for sure.

3 Likes

Next time winterize before you spd. Winterizing distillate almost always turns it red

It’s not distillate. He’s using shatter, it was cloudy to start with. Most likely full of fats and then he decarbed it before putting in his cartridges.

3 Likes