Cloudy slabs! Help!

I think it’s more a solubility issue than distance race.

The colder fuel , colder material makes the fats wax and lipids less soluble in the butane… But it still can dissolve in it I said less not none

Yes please!

2 Likes

Go too heavy on that dewax step and you’ll quickly find it isn’t only fats and waxes that keep getting left behind.

4 Likes

If you can run double the fuel you can recover this issue and still get all target molecules

so true! my first time w/ stalling on a second column to dewax super cold AF (dry ice slurry 2 hrs) I was left w/ this ‘unknown’ white powder. I know now it was all thca lol crashed that shit right out. threw the shit away.

3 Likes

Question for you about the flip side of keeping the columns frozen, Any time that I have run a dewax column, Recovering and purging the solvent from the material spool in a multiple run situation has been an ordeal, because the frozen column traps that solvent in the cold material.

Now draining the iso slurry and refilling with warm water can be a long process. I have also tried nitrogen push with no success, any tips you can offer a fellow extractor for recovery in this situation?

1 Like

Happy to hear that :blush:

I wasn’t really being literal, by distance as in from its starting position toward the collection pot. Fats/lipids stay with biomass.

skip the seperate dewax column, or you will keep having the coldest column in the middle of your system. Unless you can control column temps individually. imo

2 Likes

Hello, perhaps I could have been more clear. What my question is, in a multiple run extraction (single column being used multiple times) how to recover the trapped solvent in a dewax spool while your using the sleeve with dry ice/iso slurry?

Never mentioned any secondary columns as you say, I think maybe you were looking at a different comment?

So your material column is the dewax spool?

1 Like

Yes it’s a single column.

Some ppl get confused a dewaxing material spool vs a true 2nd stage dewaxer much like winterization but w butane

A dewax material column just allows u too freeze up everything dropping the solubility of the unwanteds along w doing the butane the same way you can leave most the unwanteds behind but without true second stage dewaxer your not dropping all the fats. And don’t dewax to long or you’ll drop target molecules also

Get it as cold as you can get it, and keep it cold until all your butane is out of column. N2 push to clear if needed. Most of your fats will be hung up in bio mass about 2/3 of the way down, that’s where they are when I pull material sock. I don’t chill my solvent, I do a soak from 5-15 minutes. 4-5 lbs dry biomass to 50lbs of solvent.

1 Like