Cloudy Sauce - PX1

Hi, I’m struggling getting my sauce super clear. I am using precisions PX1 for processing, and fresh/frozen flower.
Soak time is 2 minutes (super small material column) and I’m finding that the sauce separates but still has small particles floating throughout, even after straining.
Could this be fats and waxes?

Solvent is run through at -65C.

Any ideas or directions would be helpful - thanks!

Could try a finer mesh in a centrifuge. Ive been messing around with some post processing to try and remove THC-a, I also find that helps with the clarity of the terps.

1 Like

Heat the sauce under pressure (Jar or miner) and then cool it down

1 Like

What temperature is recommended?

The temp recommended by Precision is -65 C

Heat the sauce to what temp? For how long?

Lol meant that to be a reply to @TRIPPIE about heating the sauce.

1 Like

I don’t have a centrifuge yet, but I can try to get one and do this!

90 f to 65 f works. You should be able to warm the jar up and decant the sauce from the bottom layer of solids if successful

3 Likes

Are the solids forced to the bottom with the pressure or are they supposed to dissolve at that heat?

Yea they get pushed to the bottom… if it doesn’t work you can add a few milliliters of butane and try again.

2 Likes

I would guess you are not fully crashing the thca out of your sauce . Try temp cycling your sauce jar from room temp to 80F for a few days should get the rest to crash this way or do this step for an extra day or two on your initial crash before separation. It happens slowly over time and i just let it do its thing at room temp no heat to preserve the terps on FF runs. If you were running warmer solvent temps and dry material i would guess waxes or lipids . I have never had this issue on FF unless it was not fully crashed before separation and even sometimes after it can crash again after separation

2 Likes