Cloudy oil / white particulate BHO extraction

I’m sorry I think I was talking to @Staggy and not the original poster.

In a butane extraction at low temps you may be able to bypass dewax

1 Like

Couldnt help but rack my brain about this one too as i have been seeing alot more of this while processing.

I cant help but wonder if everyone is seeing the clouding post crc and if so what medias are being used.

Maybe one of the chem heads can chim in but in the etoh filtration feeds there is alot of conversation about silica being picked up by the water content of the alc.

If it has been happening with live material as I have been seeing… Is it potential that a portion of the silica is passing through in soluble form with the water?

1 Like

Worked at a lab running 450 dry/1k FF daily. Never once have i seen this cloudiness extracting even some of the boofiest outdoor material, even with fails from misc sprays/pesticides. B80 was the only filtrate used.

What temps where you running the FF ?

Injected around -40, It had a jacket but left empty.

2 month ago I extract two different strains. I did 2 extraction and the most strange stuff was that both got the same milky aspect, now im waiting for the lab result.

Wondering if there was any solutions found for eliminating the cloudy issue? Or figured out what the compound was that kept crashing out?

OK. wondering is a start…

what suggestions did you read of up thread?
do any of them seem applicable?
have you read any other threads that seem applicable?

this thread was started by someone with cloudy BHO, but you’ve also got someone saying “my distillate looks like that!”. Do you imagine those are the SAME precipitate?

Have you explained what you’re seeing in a clear and unambiguous manner? with 1k word substitutes (pictures)?

then how can anyone begin to guess what steps you should take to identify/solve your specific issue?

tell us about your molsieves…and explain your issue in detail

1 Like

sorry for asking and being curious if @Ions71 ever figured it out… like, did they find a solution to their issue, or figured out what it was… but, you good? " then how can anyone begin to guess what steps you should take to identify/solve your specific issue?"…Not asking for help, just wondering about the OP :slight_smile: … Seemed like a few folks threw out some ideas but the conversation ended months back. How should I have gone about asking such a ridiculous thing?

That’s a very low temp to dry sieves maybe they are now saturated after a long time of use
And you did not notice that they where not well dried

are you?

that wont get you very far :wink:

well then…

“Hey @Ions71, did you ever figure this out?”

…which won’t work as they haven’t been back since Aug '21

my point was that “cloudy” isn’t going to be a single issue, I suspect water was @Ions71’s issue, fats/waxes were @Staggy’s. no clue what @dagoalejo13 was seeing.

as far as storing “what is cloudy?” for a rainy day, I imagine searching on “cloudy” might be informative…

1 Like