Closed Column Blasting into EtoH

So I didn’t know about diamonds and I did this one time very stupidly but I wonder if I did this again in a controlled environment if it would be a good idea or a bad idea.

Okay so one time I took a half pint jar filled it halfway with everclear (wasn’t sourcing pure at the time) and then blasted an ounce of cannabis in a bvv closed column into the jar and i closed it and for some reason i was thinking to myself “maybe i can get the fats and lipids to crash right away” but then 10 mins later i went downstairs and smelt butane opened the freezer with a gamble and i ran outside opened them and they poured out butane and i saw nucleation/growth of a seed crystal in the freezer when i stupidly put them back in and waited an hour.

MIND YOU THAT WAS BEFORE I KNEW ABOUT TRUE SAFTEY AND WAS STILL USING VERY AMATURE SHIT

So now that i know about diamonds and how to do them and the 10:1 etoh ratio for winterizing wax (what i use) what if someone were to recreate it but use a dry ice cooler? Would there be a chance of diamond growth in the crude bho/etoh mixture if on dry ice and allowed to crash and followed the otss tek?

If you can lower that solvent to crude ratio you can get quite a lot more stuff to drop out of the solution when you chill it, no matter what solvent you’re using.

Is there any reason in particular you chose 10:1 solvent:crude?

1 Like

Did you try it?

Yeah it’s kind of a pain in the ass to deal with such a thick solution but there’s ways to make it easier on yourself.

2 Likes

Yes u can grow diamonds from etoh but u gotta do real quick washes with -70C or lower ethanol.
U can also LLE ur extraction with heptane, then send it thru a column full of powders, then attempt to cryatallize

1 Like