Cloning/taking cuts

do you use heat mats? and do you use mycorizzae? I have heat mats but stopped using them a long time ago because I got a shock off it. Im using aerocloner now. I fucked this round up= I used 35 percent h202 to clean it and then dumped that and refilled with water= it was still too strong of h202 and literally bleached the stems.

How many ml per gallon did you use? I think 1.3% in is about good.

it was a cleaning solution, not meant to be run with plants. But some mustve still been in the pump Lesson learned, i got more clones. I dunno how strong my hwo2 is either. Im sure it isnt 35 percent anymore. it doesnt burn my skin instantly anymore.

H2o2 is fine with plants at dilution.

I just mix it up strong and run he cloner between runs. next time ill rinse better

we can take that up in person some time if you like :wink:

the goal is to reduce transpiration. using whatever youā€™ve got at hand.

maybe your whirled isnā€™t over run with plastic bags.
mine is.

but at least Iā€™ve proposed a solutionā€¦ Let them eat PET!

1 Like

and misting actually draws water out of the plant. tenting isnt usually needed but if they droop you tent for a day or 3 Ive never misted and all my clones survive. Im even lazy lately and usuallly clones left in a glass of water root, I dont use those but its my version of a houseplant.

clones survive fine in a baggie. Dont try and ship them unsealed. The post office guy was literally asking to open my package and he kept smelling it and shit. I smoke weed so I dont smell it but I think the clones smelled and he knew it was weed.

Mine is over run with water jugs instead of plastic bags but I feel that shit. Not trying to poke at you, you seemed sassy so I was sassing you back. Iā€™m here to learn, have fun, and talk a little shit.

2 Likes

Root zone heat is a very important part of your propagation program.

18 Likes

I can tel by those roots- yours arent bad eitherr LOL Also thats outdoors, my lawn reseeding is slow to germinate due to cold temps but its popping up here and there.

So satisfying, can you say radiant heat and conductivity in a better sentence? :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

3 Likes

I mean, not to fan boy, but nice pipesā€¦:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

I think she wants one more week

4 Likes

Clone Life

20 Likes

Ahh, how I miss the days of nursery work. House after house filled with trays of every plant imaginable, watching them all grow from plugs, seeds, or cuts. Fun times for sure!

More on topic, the right way to clone is what works best for each person in their specific situation. Play around and try some different methods. None of them are all that expensive, and some methods are basically free. You will soon find itā€™s not all that difficult at all.

Start with well watered mothers in good health. As you snip cuttings, toss them into a bowl of clean H20. Re cut the end of each cut while submerged under water. Keep everything clean. This will give a great start to whatever method you choose.

I like sticking clones into a cup of moist coco. Keep the coco moist, but not soaked, and mist the cuts occasionally. Great success with or without hormones, just takes longer without. Cuts can be placed directly into larger cups or pots of about a liter, and grown out fairly large before transplant is needed. Pretty low maintenance and super low tech.

8 Likes

My homie, Grandma Josh, once stuck a bunch of cuts in the wet, sandy bank of a stream in the shade. They did just fine, and a week later they all had roots, no hormone, no lid.

6 Likes

Did you aerate your lawn before you threw seeds?

Come play anytime!

6 Likes

When you love what you do, this is how you invite people to work.

6 Likes