Clones or Fem seeds for first indoor/beginner?

Get his name correct

Heisenbitch!!
Hes another fn scammer

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got some advise for the first time grower. If your dead set on clones for the speed of it inspect the clones as best you can for visible bugs dip them in a 5 gallon bucket of soap and water. Plant in happy frog. Feed with gh 3 part system or any other nute line. Donā€™t over water, Dont under water. Buy the grow bible for anything else that might come up.

Seeds are a lot of work but rewarding once you can appreciate the process. Trying to ā€˜hunt for phenosā€™ as a novice will add major stress to the project. Even just sexing takes a while if you donā€™t use PCR tests, and lots of time investment in plants youā€™ll mostly throw away during selection. Then thereā€™s the ones that end up not performing up to par in flower. A better option might be seeds from a trusted inbred-line (IBL), so you get the full experience from germination, without so many variables.

Starting from clones as a beginner will get you medicine much faster. And satisfying feedback for your early efforts. Access used to be an issue, but dig around and youā€™ll find many options now, maybe even just a friend in a state with legal nurseries.

And watch out for newschool pollen chuckers like Greenpoint. Not at all a good choice for newbies or anyone who likes stable work. Threreā€™s a reason all his beans are so cheap and on super sale every other week.

1 Like

clones is the way to go. bug free clones.
seeds are for when you have a years smoke
under your belt. also clones grow all the same
mostly. seeds will be tall short ect.
being new at growing i think clones would be best.
Lruss

2 Likes

I had a cut of bandit breath from greenpoint seeds - straight fire :fire:.

I never grew their seeds and only had this one cut. But it was a keeper fosho

The guy i got it from is a strain hunter like me. He went through at least hundreds of different cuts to get something like this

1 Like

Iā€™ve started a couple of Greenpoint strains lately, and Iā€™m kinda meh on em.

Maybe itā€™s the new genetics or something, but Iā€™m not impressed with them gps at all. Overpriced herms.

@Demontrich, one of their strains popped balls on me and ruined a crop, wasnā€™t paying enough attention on a new strain, it definitely soured me on them in the future.

@Badfishy1, care to explain peopleā€™s issue with gps?

1 Like

Just wait until a photoperiod plant throws nuts while still in veg!. That sheet will really tell you who the chuckers are and the breeders are.

3 Likes

man that sucks to hear youā€™re not having the best results with them. I had pretty good results but that said I only grew the one strain from them.

Phenohunting is definitely a unique process that changes from garden to garden. What I find to be a desirable trait may not be the same to someone else. What grows well in someone elseā€™s garden may not grow well under my conditions.

To the OP, Iā€™d start with seeds just so you have more experience going from start to finish. When I first started growing I started with fem seeds and nowdays I only pop regs.

1 Like

Grow from seeds. Itā€™s important that you learn the whole natural process of plant production. Some people have a surprisingly difficult time with seeds, best to figure it out early.

3 Likes

Anyone have experience with bluedreamking seeds?

What did you end up doing? Did you ever get clones?

Ill throw u a free pack if you wanna try some 1:1 THC:CBD seeds

1 Like