Clear Cannabis Derived Terpenes

Short answer, yes. Can you be more specific? Flavor boiling points or extraction conditions:method?

Need one of these. Gc/ms-ODP. Olfactory detection port. Use a 30m polar column and with a little wet chem sample prep typically around 200+ active flavor compounds in live bho extract

1 Like

5 Likes

These are great for stripping volatiles. SAFE apparatus with a turbo pump

14 Likes

These are smaller, 250ml I think. But you can feed up to about 600ml into the 1L recieving flask before things get messy

I’m not sure I understand what this is, a fractional distillation setup? It looks like something the Germans never built.

2 Likes

It is a SAFE. Solvent Assisted Fractionation Extraction still. Uses a molecular turbo pump to strip volatiles

P.s: It’s from Germany

7 Likes

Touché

Can you send me a link? Not finding it with the ol google search.

https://doi.org/10.1016/C2013-0-16460-4 this book on flavor analysis has a decent intro to the SAFE apparatus’s app. Theres other papers out there that are more specific, but this is a good start.

3 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate it much.

6 Likes

Crystal clear terps. Full profile retention. Selective terpene fraction capability

7 Likes

Your kidding that is awesome :clap::clap::clap:
What’s the vac level on that run ??
Diffusion ?

That lady’s still looks jungle tek AF🤣

2 Likes

I think it was mid vacuum. I didn’t check. They used a small two head diaphragm

3 Likes

This set up is premium for terps. Very similar to what I’ve been using. The right input(not crude, good fresh frozen extract prepared right) at it’ll make the best profiles on the market.

4 Likes

Show me a GC trace. Full retention is a tricky word in this game. Perhaps a terpene fraction finder?

2 Likes

Don’t forget CO2 terps. That’s what Lagunitas chose to use in their cannabis terped beer.

2 Likes

Hella cute! Thanks

The irony :rofl: