Clear Cannabis Derived Terpenes

What was your vacuum? Flavone boils at 367 degrees C at 760 torr and it’s the lowest boiling point of all of them.

Most of the values reported in cannabis pages are missing the pressure that those boiling points were measured at. I mean you’ll see 157 degrees Celsius reported for THC, lol!

I’d love it if these types essential oils contained them. I’m skeptical. I’d expect a steam stilled essential oil to have a better chance of containing them. But that’s a terrible thing to do to the rest of the oil to get at flavonoids. Better off getting them after the lighter compounds are safe from the heat needed.

Let’s revisit this when someone with flavonoid standards can run our oils.

Yep that’s them CRC distilled terps…lmao

I don’t think they even heard @Killa12345 at the beginning

1 Like

Between 30 and 260 micron measured at pump.

Nope those arn’t from crc

4 Likes

Nomograph says you’re not getting anything above 321 degrees C at 80 degrees and that vacuum. But that should clear out all the sesquiterpenes. But the flask will be at suckler vacuum.

Really just need a good GC trace with more standards than mono and sesquiterpenes. We’ll dial back to this.

Ok so iT s not flavonoids but iT ain t only terpenes either
so what are they
What group of organic compounds Could iT be other than terps ?
I have been playing around for 2 years now have made all type of concoqtions :grinning:
But indeed something is missing :cry:

1 Like

He did but those are not a product of the crc process.

3 Likes

If I knew exactly, I’d be the best pipette jockey in the business.

Some of the terpenes and higher/lower boiling chemicals aren’t commercially available.

Once I get in my own lab with analytics across the hallway, I can be more specific. But the possibilities of what these compounds are have been published across several sources. Unfortunately as the complexity of the essential oils keep being improved by awesome farmers and breeders, indentifying all of these quintessential compounds is like trying to hit a moving target.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone! Love the info so far, I found the post in the any SOP on terpene extraction thread about 2 minutes after making this thread. Hope I get to play with this a little bit soon.

1 Like

What do you think of the various mixtures that represent the profile change the boiling points enough of different consitituents to vary to effect/smell?

Short answer, yes. Can you be more specific? Flavor boiling points or extraction conditions:method?

Need one of these. Gc/ms-ODP. Olfactory detection port. Use a 30m polar column and with a little wet chem sample prep typically around 200+ active flavor compounds in live bho extract

1 Like

5 Likes

These are great for stripping volatiles. SAFE apparatus with a turbo pump

14 Likes

These are smaller, 250ml I think. But you can feed up to about 600ml into the 1L recieving flask before things get messy

I’m not sure I understand what this is, a fractional distillation setup? It looks like something the Germans never built.

2 Likes

It is a SAFE. Solvent Assisted Fractionation Extraction still. Uses a molecular turbo pump to strip volatiles

P.s: It’s from Germany

7 Likes

Touché

Can you send me a link? Not finding it with the ol google search.

https://doi.org/10.1016/C2013-0-16460-4 this book on flavor analysis has a decent intro to the SAFE apparatus’s app. Theres other papers out there that are more specific, but this is a good start.

3 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate it much.