Cleaning welded sintered disc filters

hell yeah change those papers and the felts stay perfect

This is what I mean when I talk about staging my filtration down to the sintered discsā€¦

2 Likes

some ppl need it laid out lmao righr

1 Like

Imo I wont rely on felt, Ill use real paper felt is good to filter weed but the powders are too fine.

1 Like

What felt was it that failed you?

I dont think it failed but I use duda felt. I think its just not the same as a true filter paper- regular filter paper collects a thick stack of waxes dewaxing and clogs but there is a noticeable stack of wax and the felt doesnt either. It cleaned 99 percent probably but i saw dust residue below the 3 filter stack, but I had 2 more filters after that.

If it didnt filter to its specified um, Iā€™d say it failed you.

I get the terms mixed up qualitative and quantitive? But felt is the weaker one. The other thing is what micron is w1?

W1 can make it thru a 1 micron sintered disc. So can T5. And Silica. Been there, done that.

The idea is to pack and run the column properly. I learned mostly from this video with a good amount of trial and error

4 Likes

I watched but its easier when the column is clear. also the his solvent isnt boiling at 32 degrees. Ill figure it out. I think a celite bed might just do it.

This will eat almost anything organic.

1 Like

I like to soak the sintered disc in isopropyl and then hook it up to a triclamp lid and use butane vapors to push the isopropyl into a bucket. This will dry the disc of isopropyl very easily.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never once taken my sintered disk off and cleaned them (well once I never will again)ā€¦one reason they NEVER see powdersā€¦I have 2 filter plates w drop in ring plate combo to make 1 filter plate 2bplates. I load both w 2-4um papers. Then I have the exact same double paper filter again 2-4umā€¦then filter plate filled w tampon Tekā€¦then 5,Iā€™m and 1um welded disk. Powders make it past the first plate pretty good, the next plate barely, never makes it through the 1um tampon so when the disk get something itā€™s a liquid only. Iā€™ve taken them off tried to clean them nothing ever comes off. Proper Prefilters and save yourself some time!

I even have a column to hold the solvent not suspended in material now after it goes through the material while waiting to get through the light crc

And I still wanna add the .22um from waxplug in column above the collection so itā€™s not inside the collection pot

Take it from me just use some extra Prefilters and u want have powders on ur disk, crc done the right way, if I had hot material though I was remediating then I would clean the system throughout before use

Ive been using this for a while for most of my shitā€¦ REZOLVEā„¢ CANNABIS FACILITY CLEANER ā€“ Growhaus Supply
After I give all my stuff just an ISO wash. Works amazing

I love Nilered videos. Dude is a fucking savant. Highly recommend checking his stuff out to anyone who hasnā€™t.

1 Like