Cleaning up Rso feco

Happy to help. Look forward to hearing results

I helped a gentleman in South Africa dial in their filtration process last year to achieve what it is you seem to be looking for. If you would like, I am happy to try and connect you to eachother or see if I can help. My process looks a bit different than what was presented above. Shoot me a DM.

1 Like

do not use too much activated carbon it likes to hold onto thc

Golden rule #1: use high quality flower. If you want it golden, you need to cook it low and slow. It’s not even cooking it. It’s more of warming it on a heat pad at 85-90 f. You will end up with much lighter RSO. Just try it the next time.

1 Like

You could argue that. However, I’m not sure what exactly the difference between recreational and medicinal is. One mans vice is another mans virtue.

Sure whatever. I was stating it in a way they would understand. He is making full spectrum for medical patients to eat. I was telling him that if he wants it to look better, he’s going to remove a lot of other compounds ppl may consider medical.

1 Like

agree 100%. It’s hard for some people to ingest black viscous oil. People associate black with being burnt when it comes to eating. Once you get by that though, you’re home free. You can get it to look much more appetizing though if that’s what you’re looking for. Much less heat, much longer time.

1 Like

I just wanted to come back to this and share this shortcut. I have no doubt there are many who know this already. However, I was trying to say that RSO doesn’t have to be black, does it? If I’m wrong, please correct me. I am far from an RSO expert, actually, I’m a rank amateur. So with some TLC can it be made to look like something, oh I don’t know, more appetizing.

I think that is probably still an open question.
Does RSO have to be an Ethanol extract? Nope.
Can it be Isopropanol? absolutely.

if you do a QWISO or QWET, it is still RSO?
Is it still a “Full extract Cannabis Oil”?

I’d say both of those are “maybe, depends who you talk to…”.

the QWET & QWISO will be higher in cannabinoids. so if the magic is cannabinoids, then one might claim they were better. but if the secret is in the flavonoids or other substances extracted with long soaks, or the degradation products formed when the solvent is boiled off to/at atmosphere, then these two prettier extracts don’t solve the same problem, and should have different appellations.

my bet is on the cannabinoids, but I could be wrong. if it’s not the cannabinoids, then the CBD vs THC argument goes out the window…

4 Likes

My bet is that cannabinoids are the primary provider of therapeutic relief and the there are secondary (tertiary, etc.) substances present at different levels with different methods of extraction and processing. Medicine, even from the same starting material, can take many forms that provide different levels of relief from different ailments. The research has a long way to catch up the the qualitative evidence to support this claim.

4 Likes

Good day people I am finally have to produce 100g as a tester for client will keep updated with pics let the purging begin

2 Likes

Keep it like that, imo

@SidViscous recently told me a way to turn rso into powder and those can be destined for capsules. …

4 Likes

I took a picture of our “pot souffle” to show you how we purge the solvent out of the binder but I stupidly caught the corner of my techs lab notebook and that would be a big no-no so I’ll have to take another one later. Looks like pea soup before it’s dried honestly lol

1 Like

This qwet video is not using high proof alcohol that’s much over 151 proof. It’s the water separating from the cannabis oil and alcohol. The alcohol evaporates first leaving the cannabis oil in the form of the globs and water mixed with remaining alcohol in the liquid. The reason that it’s brown is because it is an emulsion at that point. RSO can be amber if it’s cleaned up but then, as people have mentioned, is it still RSO?

Most of the time people come to me to fix their Green Dragon or RSO when they start to see that and I’ve seen it a lot. Here’s how I educate my readers:

Detailed Reduction & Concentration Guide w/video for 151 Proof Green Dragon

I’m sorry that it’s not the best video in the world by a long shot but it works. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC)

1 Like

Good day people I have cleaned RSO and is looking fantastic. Starting rotovape today. Thabks for the support

1 Like

Will add lab report as soon as possible

Is that a freeze drying flask on your rotary evaporator?

Not sure how do i tell it is just glass from Bucchi

Ah, you answered my question. Its https://www.buchi.com/us-en/beaker-flask

All my rotary evaporator experience is china shit