Cleaning distillate with butane

Has anybody ever tried taking some dark distillate and dissolving in butane to reduce color?

8 Likes

Dissolving then running through crc?

Yeah.

2 Likes

Was thinking the same for eho that’s been turned dark or oxidized concentrates thst have been turned red.

I’m guessing one would need to run warm to dissolve

2 Likes

2 Likes

We gon learn today

13 Likes

Word!

looks like butane is the superior solvent.

3 Likes

Mission success?

2 Likes

Yes it works

3 Likes

Has anyone tried it with pentane? Seems like it’d be easier to dissolve and possibly quicker to send through crc given that it’s less likely to compact the powders with high pressure

4 Likes

I’ve heard of others use pentane and yes it works too

3 Likes

all alkanes will have a good ability to adapt to media treatments

3 Likes

Does the distillate still come out in the same consistency it did before? or does it change to shatter like consistency. Thinking of doing this for some darker distillate I have

1 Like

Roto or recover the solvent out, you’ll be left wither distillate.

So long as you started with d9 input material.

Shatter is shatter because of the thca and minor terpenes present. Brittle and slightly resinous/terpy.

2 Likes

Asking is good.

No.

Any reason you’d imagine it would?!?

3 Likes

No it will still be the same consistency. To get better bleaching results go cold through the crc and use a layer of silica60 on top. You don’t have to worry much about clogs since there should be no thca in there. The silica will help to separate the pigments from the d9 temporarily by making the d9 move slower through it to allow to the clays to bleach much better. Also try to use natural clays if possible to avoid any acids

8 Likes