Cleaning 1 and 5 Micron Mesh Filter Plates

These fine mesh sintered filter plates keep jamming up with filter media and I’m having to swap them out far more frequently than optimally awesome.

I soak the snot outta them in 99% isopropyl but dang Napoleon there’s gotta be a better way to feed Tina her friggin’ dinner. Heard Precision Cleaner is the “only way to go,” and wonder what y’all had to say about it.

3 Likes

Ours hasn’t jammed like that since we bought it. Ultrasonic cleaner in a jar of ethanol or iso for 30 minutes upside down is the deep cleaning we preform.

4 Likes

I use a 1 micron felt filter right on top of the 5 micron to keep the celite out and then just pop it out blast with air or nitro and good to go. Usually soak and clean mine once a week and never had any clog issues at all

5 Likes

Could I just gorilla tape a vibrator to a pressure cooker and call it good? Not that I have either of those items on or in hand.

3 Likes

Why not try and let us know how it works. Maybe 2 vibrators… :woozy_face:

8 Likes

Now that’s shaking things up

3 Likes

Man that gets pricey fast, especially with those variable speed ones. :scream:

Maybe this thing instead?

1 Like

naw. I wanna see the vibrator hack

:lying_face:

14 Likes

Go to harbor freight they sell a ultrasonic cleaner for 80$ if you want an option right now . 6" stuff barely fits you have to take the tray off and tilt it on the side and fill all the way up but hey it works well for what it is . I use distilled water sometimes with a little iso or ethanol diluted to about 10% alcohol

1 Like

Best I can do at short notice was take my kid’s toothbrush and snap the head off. :tipping_hand_man:t3:

1 Like

Dont DP the stacks!

2 Likes

Is this a sex reference? Or am I doing this wrong??

Wound up duct taping a AA battery to an old drill bit, then taping that to an ancient impact driver, and then wrapping that rig to the side of a pan full of iso and the filter plate.

Still picking gunk outta the side seam. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Grab a DA sander from harbor junk. Another good ole @Graywolf trick from years back.

2 Likes

You’ll never believe it, but these janky cleaning methods aren’t working on the sintered 1 & 5 micron filter plates. A 10L ultrasonic cleaner is en route and landing tomorrow. That and some alconox powder should do it…

1 Like

put a layer of filter paper at end flow

What about ye ol paint shaker with a 90f heat pad strapped to it?

Isopropyl and sparks don’t mix. Please don’t use an impact drill or anything like it for this