Chromatogram: 3% THC

Putting strange chemicals that catalyze reactions into a reaction flask will do this. Try good ole fashioned distillation if you are looking for purity.

1 Like

This was my very first run at d8 over a year ago, i had no idea what i was doing lol Iā€™ve learned alot since then

There is a known issue with supercritical CO2 crude that results in THC getting degraded when exposed to high heat in short path distillation, and even sometimes in wiped film. It isnā€™t always consistent and could be strain dependent.

Can anyone here point me in the direction of more information regarding this phenomenon?

So d8 plus acidic adsorbant?

1 Like

Yes if i remember correctly, i used c bleach for the first time on some crude and made some nasty 1st pass. I then reloaded it with c bleach again and did a second.

1 Like

I forgot who it was, someone made a comment to me about delta 8 being the final isomerization of thc and i dont believe thats true. If it was you could isomerize high d9 into high d8 and that never happens. Highest Iā€™ve seen in pure d8 is like 83%

1 Like

If i can recreate this can you test it to try and determine what it is

If you are motivated to be more specific I am sure I can help you. Just PM or something

judging by the CBN and d8 that big peak is, like everyone else has said, an undetectable isomerization of d9 thc caused by heat and or acidity. Usually isomerizations are thought to be less psychoactive than d9 but still do provide relief

@Kingofthekush420 Call SRI at 310-214-5092. Your base line is not level. You need to go into PeakSimple and check the box ā€œBase to Intermediateā€ it will solve this issue.

Summer
SRI

2 Likes

@extractepic c bleach in the flask 1st and second gave me this, 40% d10

That peak is somewhat of a mystery, here is a great lecture that gets into this issueā€¦

You need a lab that can do either NMR or tandem mass spectrometry to get a very good idea of what your peak is.

We know its d10, we have our own standards for it

3 Likes

They already got proton, carbon, COSY, HMBC, and a NOESY for d10

3 Likes

Thereā€™s really no way to know what a peak is by looking at a Chromatogram. As already mentioned, identifying a peak is contingent on method related parameters and system configuration as well has having appropriate known standards for the compounds of interest. For example, one method may call for a column and mobile phase composition and the cannabinoids have different retention times.

NMR and IR and MS are used in conjunction for determining the unknown structure and formula for an unknown organic compound

It is possible that there was no extrusion cycle after a previous run cycle and some junk remained on the column and then eluted during your sample injection.

However, when one takes delta-9 THC, and ends up with more delta-8 than delta-9 after SPD, it IS a good bet that you have made delta-10. The required workup had NOT been done back in may 2018 when @Kingofthekush420 posed the question. At that point guessing delta 10 was just that, a guess.

As @anon93688 pointed out he full workup has now been done.

there is a fair amount on the subject around here if you are not familiar with it.

http://future4200.com/search?q=delta+10

2 Likes

@iLLnyeTheShatterGuy

1 Like