Chris @theclearscientist IG - Unpacking the beast

100k a day?

Easy

Wont even need to distill if we decide to just crystallize the cbd a instead of cbd

1 Like

100k a day worth of cbda crystal?

Pics or it certainly didn’t happen

I had a look at ExtracTech’s recent facility video - - YouTube
Love the large columns. Are those Rota-Vaps been retired for membrane based ethanol recovery?

I know reading is hard

4 Likes

Those aren’t even being used for ethanol recovery at this point, those are for the clean up process after. The bizzy ffe is handling the ethanol evaporation RN

I’m tasked with phasing evaporation out

2 Likes

That makes sense, 2020 will be a year defined by scale.

Have you made a single example of cbda isolate or something even coming close to such in your career?

Hempsters love making big claims, you’re backing these claims with data and facts or… what? Big claims?

5 Likes

Didn’t you see the text messages bro?!

7 Likes

Ceramic membranes have a much better retention of molecuul sizes
And can be made very presice
You’ll need to cycle your fluid often to get them right aligned but. I asume it very possible

1 Like

Yes I’ve made cbda isolate. Have you?

I’ll be pumping out CRC cbda soon to mix with out cbd to make it not crystallize

Theres a reason I’m bringing my butane setup

All I’m gonna say is solvent selection matters more then anything when dewaxing with a membrane

I could give you the membranes and skids you need, without the correct solvent you wont be able to seperate out all the fats because different solvents make the fats take on different shapes

Luckily I know what solvent we need to make them unfold all the way which makes dewaxing easy

You are 100% correct as to WHY we use ceramic

Regular spiral wound membranes flex and take on different shapes with different solvents

That doesnt happen with ceramic

Also, skid design is what usually causes fouling

Luckily I’m working with a nano filtration expert from the wine industry.

His skids look like steel lambos AND he builds everything except the housing and electronics

!

Heres an example of crude ran through a membrane

Heres after

7 Likes

Sooo what is the price range of an average Ceramic membrane skid? Just a rough estimate?

This approach makes allot of sense for scaling. I have worked with PALL Membralox ceramic membranes in the past. Dialing in the solvent, temp and crossflow to avoid fouling of the membranes should be amazing to achieve solvent recovery. Setting up the TMP on standard membranes was always key, not sure if TMP is a major factor with ceramics?

Its fun to hear these tall tales. Reminds me of the .com and real estate bubbles from the last couple decades.
Whenever I start to get excited about the new hot “investments” math brings me right back to reality.

6 Likes

Why cannabis seed oil?

1 Like

It’s relatively good for ya, especially compared to the other random plant oils people eat

5 Likes

Interesting! I’ll look more into that.

Side note - have you ever tried to juice hemp? I bet that’d be very healthy, but hard to do with most home juicers.

Good luck with that

3 Likes