Chlorophyll removal from RSO?

No lol. 95% alc.

Better off using ever clear or 190 proof grain alcohol.

Are you still offering help on removing chlorophyll from rso?

Yeah sure, hmu!

I have extensive experience with removing chlophyll from RSO while leaving the majority of the compounds in tact. DM me and I am happy to review it with you.

Hi,
I am trying to remove my chlorophyll from my ethanol based tincture. 2nd run all done cold at
0f.
Have 2 sizes Büchner funnel and 3 size filters
Food grade DEarth not sure which actived charcoal, have good idea on how filtercakes work
Any help much appreciated
Most runs are 3 to 5 min in Eaton
Thanks
Steve

Freeze etoh
Buchner funnel setup as followed
Frit or paper filter-celite 545-alumnium oxide
That’s for waxes/lipids

Chylorphyl may need ac color remediation

1 Like

Ok great what’s your chlor, remediation SOP

Go through these: Search results for ‘color remediation’ - Future4200

1 Like

You gotta use hardwood charcoal. The other kinds don’t work (very well) for color remediation

3 Likes

Search my screen name and green grinch. It should pull it up.

1 Like

Can I suggest an experiment? Here’s an idea (hardly original…) - Cannabis holds both polar and non-polar compounds. Using EtOH first is a mistake IMHO - both polar and non-polar compounds are pulled out, which is a problem. Using EtOH first just kicks the “separation” can further down the line. Doing a Water cure (after decarbing!) will wash the chlorophyll out and leave the non-polar oils in the plant. Once the polar items are removed, THEN use EtOH to go for the non-polar oils. Downside is, the terps get washed out too, so you have a really stripped down oil. Now you’re ready to winterize and recover the alcohol.

So the experiment is this - Take 1 oz, decarb it, do the water curing, then cold EtOH extraction, winterization and recovery. Compare that to the regular RSO.

also I know it isn’t helpful now, but your temps are too high if you are pulling chlorophyll.

Hi@NNI,

I have 200 lbs room temperature extracted by 99% isopropanol . it is looks very dark. Is there a good way to clean it up?

Have a great day!

Robert

LLE to carbon or bentonite filtration
Should make it more decent

1 Like

Today is May 17, 2023. Wow, I totally forgot that I posted this. This past March after two more years of experimenting, it all came together into this - Introducing Refine Cannabis Extract - RxCE

Hi Friend,

Could you send more information about LLE, or links。

Thanks a million.

1 Like

Type LLE into the search bar…

If you can’t manage that part, then chances are the instructions won’t help you either.

Edit: “liquid liquid extraction” may or may not speed that journey.

2 Likes

Thank you. Friend

Nobody who starts a thread uses the search bar.

1 Like