Chilling Ethanol

What would you recommend chilling large volume’s of Ethanol, approximately 200 Gallons. Looking to get it down to between -40c to -50c. Im looking at both etho/metho recirculating chillers as well as LN2. Any advice would be greatly appeciated!

I recommend you start with the search bar on the top right.

With that said, I like Mydax chillers or LN2 or Liquid CO2 as options.

1 Like

Delta Separations makes a chiller… 70K ACP-30

Step 1: Open Wallet
Step 2: Cry

6 Likes

Step 3 decide to wash warm with my scrubbing SOPs lmao. Poor mans gold crude method!

7 Likes

Sierra Gold chills our ethanol down to -65C for extraction. It requires industrial methanol chillers that have -75C capability. Of course, you can warm extract and winterize later, but at some time, if you are selling lab-to-lab, they will want most of the lipids and waxes removed. I like to take a first run crude extract because it has chlorophyll and plant lipids still in it. The market wants a golden-colored oil because the consumer doesn’t understand what they’re buying or why. It will take time for the consumer to evolve, but then look at how much corn syrup Americans consume.

2 Likes

we make pretty good chillers. It really depends how much time you want it to take to chill it down your product down to to -30/-50.c etc and how much heat is being generated