Chiller Size Recommendation

PM Sent

Where the shit are you getting a 915 for $65k?!

:flushed:

1 Like

Reeaaaaddd

The chiller more powerful than the 915 is 65k

1 Like

Aw shit :grimacing: how do I get me one of these bad boys

Jesus I need to read better, carry on.

2 Likes

Their info is at the bottom of the spec sheet.

1 Like

I have neslab MX500 too, its doesnt go below +5C but it 20KW at +5C, its good for 3-4 50L rotos

Check out Fluid Chillers: both of these outdoor units were quoted under $65k.

2 Likes

How much were they quoted at?

It was a tad over the price of one 915 for both.

2 Likes

12 on the left, 8 on the right.

2 Likes

Good morning, Joel here. AG-CHILL is my company. Though I was a bit surprised to see our product data sheets and pricing posted, please feel free to call me personally at 801-244-9769. Let’s talk about how we can help you out.

2 Likes

I have had a video chat with you before, we’ve met.
I met with you on a video call with Tony @ lifted a few weeks ago. I told you that I could get you some attention.

These are the sheets you’ve shared with me.

2 Likes

They don’t get cold enough. Guys in this field want to see -60c or colder. For recovery, we’ll want to see more than 9kw.

1 Like

All cool Dred. Actually kind of excited seeing these up here ; ) Ya, I remember meeting with you. I won’t mention your name on here as I am not sure if that is appropriate. Give me a call sometime today. Look forward to talking more with you.

2 Likes

I appreciate not using my legal name. It’s not a secret, but it’s also not advertised. And yes, I think you guys have some excellent equipment. And I can’t wait to see it on some systems. I’ll definitely give you a call soon.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on scale, 9kW at -60c seems a bit excessive for all except the biggest units Hell, -60f on my condenser regularly outruns my 5500 watt evap source with straight n-butane.

Fluid can build whatever you want to order, though.

We’ll want the solvent and column temps to be beyond -60c. The recovery will do best with over 9kw. Your 12 ton would do great for recovery.

I also reference low temps in centigrade. I don’t use Fahrenheit when going this low. Unless I’m mentioning -40.

2 Likes

The 12 does recovery. The 8 chills vessels.

I know everyone wants to be the coldest, but is it really that different from -62c to say, -75c?

Does the 8 have a set temp lower than the -40 shown above?

And yes. With butane always grabbing fats. Being beyond the -60 mark helps greatly. Especially if your chiller is only reading the fluid temp leaving the chiller. It should be reading it on the return, that would be a more accurate location for that, right?

3 Likes

Yes, max setting in the software is -60c, but that can be changed and the unit settings adjusted to go lower if need be.