Chicago Tribune d8-THC Article

We’re in today’s Chicago Tribune talking about delta-8: Wide availability of delta-8-THC — ‘weed light’ — is prompting struggle over how to regulate it – Chicago Tribune

9 Likes

Did you read this? Sounds like they think delta 8 grows on hemp?

"In a warehouse outside Chicago, a crop of hemp grows to produce a controversial substance that some people call “weed light.”

The plants fall under the same Cannabis sativa species that produce marijuana. But like all legal hemp, they have been bred to contain less than .3% delta-9-THC, the main ingredient that gets users stoned. Instead, the hemp is used to produce the popular supplement CBD, and a derivative called delta-8-THC — said to give users a milder high without brain fog or anxiety."

On second glace it seems like they do call it a derivative but I see people all the time that think it’s a naturally occurring cannabinoid people are growing by the field. And who grows hemp indoors to convert into d8? Weird.

6 Likes

“journalism” :partying_face:

3 Likes

That’s the result of tons of blog spam and sponsored “news” posts

3 Likes

If the state makes a law regulating d8, then that same state cannot then later decide to arrest people for d8. That’s the news here. In states with no regulation at all, you are at the mercy of law enforcement and whether or not they continue looking the other way.

1 Like

Has anyone caught on that all these articles are low-key Delta 8 ads? “Hey, everyone! There’s THC at the gas station” There’s absolutely something going on here. Big hemp has a solid lobby and champion (in a very narrow use of the word) in Mitch McConnell.

17 Likes

Seemingly everything is an ad, reddit mods have affiliate links that they try to hide, just tons of dishonest marketing surrounding this shit

4 Likes

Finally someone catching on around here to South Park episode #266 from 2015

3 Likes

Interestingly enough, KDA doesn’t seem to be a fan. KSP either, they’ve been conducting raids over it. I filed a records request, but they don’t differentiate types of THC on their records so I have to find another approach

2 Likes

Oh , so the feds have a position that causes angst for the States? Interesting. It all sounds like politics to me. Straight bullshit.

3 Likes

The raids I heard about were county level.

3 Likes

Even better. The overlords causing trouble for the locals.

2 Likes

KSP is listed as the agency in the news article. Do you know what counties they were? I’ll dig down the foia wormhole

2 Likes

3 Likes

Boy, they’re really cleaning up the streets!

6 Likes

Sheriff Chad… can’t make this shit up.

12 Likes

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article252807058.html

These are the arrests I’m trying to find

3 Likes

Just SMH.

2 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

There’s a D8 broker on Facebook named Chad Weiner and you better believe I went there with him.

4 Likes