Cherry Blossom w/CRC

How did u concentrate the cbd so high and keep the thc so low? Post-processing??

1 Like

Hot In whoā€™s opinion ?
Law states below .3% thc delta9.
Just saying.

The CR column helps to concentrate cbd and lowers thc a little bit.
Most of the thc in my concentrate is in the thcA form.

I read the COA wrong my bad :hugs:

1 Like

ThcA counts towards total THC

I think in mi it has to be decarbed before testing

Depends on the state. Oregon is going to be including it in Jan 2020 but federally its still .3% delta 9 thc

Oregon law is up to 5 percent if it doesnt leave the state. We have definitely spoken to our attorney recently about this.

@AshevilleExtracts do you extract at elevation? Or are you further downhill? Just curious. Great looking product. Love Asheville. Glad yā€™all are there doin the lords work :pray:

2 Likes

Why the trace acetone?
Iā€™d be worried about ketene and thatā€™s like smoking phosgene.
I donā€™t think anyone would be smoking a copper bowl but Iā€™m hearing that copper is replacing ceramic or being used internally??? Idk if Iā€™m remevering that correctly but acetone can convert to a ketene

1 Like

This doesnā€™t need a catalyst just pyrolysis
900 deg Fahrenheit for pyrolysis of acetone
Butane torchā€™s lighters burn at 2500 F

Maybe do a really cold water wash ā€” acetone is miscible in Water and the cold temp would help preserve terpsā€¦

1 Like

We are at 2800 ft.

1 Like

You donā€™t have issues with getting vacs where you want at that elevation? I had a setup at twice that elevation and it definitely had a very real effect.

I have noticed I can only get the oven down to 28 ug though.

Careful with that. In NC the law is definitely total THC post de-carb. Iā€™ve worked with a company before that contracted hella acreage there and we did some processing there as well. I would be super careful with that. I donā€™t know why everyone thinks its legal to sell hot shit all around town. Processor to processor is kind of something we can make a case for (remediation, dilution, etc.). But hot products direct to consumer is super sketchy and will eventually either comeback to bite you or the stores youā€™re selling to. If its tested with gas chromatography it would be hot b.c. of the heated injection port.

If you want to claim its legal b.c. the active THC is at .05 you should also declare on your package that there is only .47% CBDā€¦

Absolutely not. On the federal level for CBD products THC needs to be under .3thc. Depending on what state they calculate by total thc or Delta 9.

You mixing product is a recipe for disaster.

Saying that THCA contains 87% THC by weight would be like saying ethanol contains 70% methanol by weight wouldnā€™t it. You donā€™t buy liquor labeled with total methanol content.

Also, if you have to perform a chemical reaction (thermal degradation), I guess in this case to calculate the total. You could add CBD too as ā€œpotential total THCā€ at whatever rate the weight changes when itā€™s isomerized to THC, to be fair. Am I right?

2 Likes

The acetone is from the hemp.