Cherokee NC legalizes

This is awesome. I wonder how surrounding NC counties will respond?

6 Likes

15 miles from the house… seems like now’s a good time to get the shrink to diagnose me with some shit :rofl:

Edit: no rumblings in town about it, but I also don’t leave the house often…

11 Likes

Its always been legal with the Natives.

1 Like

Are any other places legal on reservation only? @ky_cbd how do you think local leo’s will react?

1 Like

Well every one of em I see driving around is fat as fuck, and on their cell phones while driving, so I’d say just walk briskly in the opposite direction and you’ll be okay if you got that Cherokee bag on yah

At the end of the day it’s decriminalized here so not too big of a deal if you get caught with some weed but we deff can’t be smoking out in public and growing our own plants out here yet, without being a little paranoid of persecution.

The demographic up here is like 50/50 people who mind there own business and want to be left alone, and the racist fucks who “back the blue” and love to call the police

7 Likes

My son’s family (ex wife’s) lives up there. it’s really interesting to go up there with the “family” and be a white outsider. differently world, and beautiful people. There’s a really neat fork in a river somewhere, where the warm water (from maggie valley maybe?) meets the cold off the mountain and it makes a whirlpool. They traditionally jumped in during spring for a renewing cold shock. It’s very fucking cold and it hits you like a brick wall.

Herb was always around when we were up to visit but was very expensive. Glad it’s finally legal for them. They deserve it for sure, and then some. Hope they get a good program.

7 Likes