Chemical and Engineering News Magazine on ∆8-THC

Journalists with a chemical understanding on the subject chime in. Well written article. Feels kind of like lobbying but that’s just conspiracy Chris talking.

THC-O-Ac makes an appearance at the end too.

4 Likes

“dispensaries throughout the US and beyond—often with no age restrictions

Literally the first paragraph in and we are already opening up with disinfo. Okay yeah let’s just ignore that virtually 100% states have a mandated 18+, age restriction on any hemp derived product. In my state in particular the age is 21+ and ID is required to purchase. Online vendors also require you to provide ID before mailing out an order. It’s true that 16 year olds are picking up from gas stations, but a lack of enforcement is not the same as a lack of regulations. That’s why I had to upload my driver’s license before I could order any D8 products online.

“…unknowns”

AND THERE IT IS. THAT FUCKING WORD AGAIN. I FUCKING KNEW IT. The ultimate chemistry boogie man, “unknowns” yes the known unknowns, as in the same fucking reagents and chemical byproduct found in your foods that also can’t be identified, you gonna stop eating? Go run a chromatograph on what you ate this morning, I’m 100% serious, and be prepared to be fucking horrified at how dirty the food you eat actually is.

Me thinks this is less legit.

3 Likes

They are known unknowns… known to be cannabinoids… known to fly across the blood brain barrier like a good little cannabinoid… not known the exact structures… not known the impact in the brain pan… not consumed by humans but for 2 years. And a chemist pointing out unknowns that are likely psychoactive does not make them less “legit”.

Relating those unknowns to what you find in food is a bad leap of logic friend.

Also go and try ordering from an online hemp shop and see if they card you. Because last time I did, it was not a thing.

11 Likes

Was there really anything in that article that we haven’t discussed a million times here though?

4 Likes

I doubt you could come across an article that has information that we haven’t discussed in some form or another. Everything from powder tek to ion exchanging resins, and in between

5 Likes

Not really, just proper nomenclature and a source that’s closely related to the American chemical society (as opposed to vice or Forbes)

4 Likes

I say we just legalize D8 and see what shitshows it creates

If it happens boy will it be funny when the same people calling for legalization flip flop on their beliefs when D8 ruins the D9 and canna industry

2 Likes

They’re going to have to do that, or its going to turn into spice gate 2.0

2 Likes

If cannabis grows were allowed at the same scale as hemp, d9 would be cheaper than d8.

6 Likes

Taxes on MJ will never be less then hemp

3 Likes

I cant take anything you say as credible because you said “me thinks”

2 Likes

Methinks that’s very interesting that that would be something that factors in to being credible or not. Yeah, that’s what methinks.

Yeah, that Shakespeare guy. Really bad with words he was.

2 Likes

Me thinks that you think that he thinks that me thinks thinking in thinkful way makes he thinks that you think that maybe me thinks thinkfully thinking about thoughts that me thinks…

4 Likes

That is pure poetry, my friend.

2 Likes

Agreed, the article was pretty good. Not much fluff, all to the point, good writing.

Pistols at midnight.

4 Likes