Cheap triclamp kegs $70 each

Because its a keg?!?

maybe ill get one eventually. prolly not on here but maybe. nobody mentioned shipping once landed. A keg doesnt seem inferior to the other tanks if its pressure rated.

I googled it , a keg can deform as low as 60 psi- keg pressure rating - Google Search stainless keg pressure rating - Google Search

Butane yes propane no. I doubt the keg walls would fail even at 300 psi, the triclamp would probably blow out first.

i have no stainless storage or recovery. because of my fear of triclamp on that. but alot of you seem to do it.

1 Like

Definitely not smart but it is doable. Safer to just use the kegs with alcohol and no subject them to high pressures.

there was some like 36 tall jacketed 12 incheres offered here a few months ago but for local pickup only. Id take that.

I’d be scared to use anything bigger than 6" triclamp for fear of it bursting open.

2 Likes

iven had regular tanks that just leak. it was xtane the nice ones offreed had 4 inch cap I think. just enough to get in there to clean I dont have triclamp issues much other than my 12 incher.

I’m sure it was just a vakve leaking and not the actual tank

Aka economies of scale.

How many people drink :beer:?

How is it transported from warehouse to vending location if it’s not in consumer packaged units?

How much global infrastructure would you guess is dedicated to the production of this one exact type of packaging unit?

Lots.

30% off their present list of $190 is $133. And TCW has the cheapest stateside price I’ve seen by a lot, so great find!

That’s a bit on the low side, but 22% off is $149 and that’s a number that would likely make it worth it for someone to bring a single 20’ container over. Heck if I could get close to 100 of those sold at that I’d probably do it myself. I dunno if there’s that much demand for these though.

2 Likes

its stainless with a triclamp on top and bottom? are kegs like that? it seems super cheap. But for me at least Im almost gonna get a industry standard type just because you all do. I dont like the idea of rust but I have so many filters at this point i dunno? I use carbon tanks.

It’s super cheap because they’re selling the lot of them.

I wanted to sell steel at some point. My china source told me it was like 400 shipping on one collection, but i could ship a whole pallet for same price.

Dear Lincoln, Sorry for my so late reply. I forgot my password before, lol, so I am not online before. yes, it is pressure rated.

Lol what pressure would that be…?

I would NOT use a keg for hydrocarbon extraction, ever. Not only are they NOT rated for the pressure of a hot tank full of tane but they ARENT RATED FOR NEGATIVE PRESSURE. Good way to implode a tank prior to extraction… and lets say you dont implode, you will create weak points in the keg which will reduce the operating pressure significantly and inedibility end up with a MASSSSSIVE problem on your hands. These kegs were made to hold Alcohol. I would never think of using this for Butane let alone Propane.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure no one is seriously considering using these for butane. Kegs are for liquid, not for gasses.

2 Likes

i mean… i guess i read peoples ideas wrong in this thread then. sorry. carry on

Why wouldn’t they? (Aside from compliance, lol) There’s acceptable safety factor.