Cheap Silica?

Has anyone tried the silica off amazon? Trying to get bulk for a decent price and stock up. Best price for bulk silica?

1 Like

Trying to make cheap extracts?

2 Likes

Magnesol frying oil powder same stuff different patent

1 Like

:man_facepalming: ok.

2 Likes

Mol sieve or for crc ?

Yes they are similar both work completely different. Magnesol picks up reds and silica picks up yellows

Would adding mil sieve to the crc be beneficial?

Molecular sleeves should always be used

Intresting! Don’t use those at all currently. Will have to try those as well and mess around with the layers. Just waiting on a aro pump for my pressurized filter

Inside the crc?

Molecular sleeve should be used to pull moisture from your tane before tane bottle

Yea. I’ve got one but what if you put some 3a beads in your crc to pull any moisture from the oil you extracting?

1 Like

No i dont. Havent heard of anyone trying that yet. Aa pulls moisture and lowers the ph. Im not sure if a lower ph makes a difference except for oxidation is pink

Had someone ask about running liquid solvent thru their sieve column the other day. :man_shrugging:

Shatter tek

How is that ?
One is silicon the other magnesium complete diffrent propertys
You are mixing up magnesol and florasil
I hope

1 Like

They’re not the same thing at all, but do the same thing. The difference is they have affinities for different compounds. Magnesol is made up of magnesium silicate, silica gel is made of silicon dioxide both products need to be heated to a point of activation with or without acids present during the manufacturing process before sorptive properties are observed.

download

4 Likes

Maybe they were meaning Manesol and Magsil PR. Both are Magnesium Silicate but I dont think they have the same empirical formula…or work the same. What are your thoughts?

Magsil pr is heated to a higher temperature during the activation process, the difference is it has smaller pores and more surface area than Magnesol.

The pore sizes imparted st the higher temperatures afford better adsorption for different compounds than magnesol, it happens that it’s good for adsorbing some pesticides.

1 Like