Cheap budget tek for processing small amounts?

Ever get this up and running? Considering putting together a similar setup. Thanks!

Which part buddy?

Sorry I’m new to the sight and Not having luck quoting the post, but you had posted a screen shot of some equipment you were ordering to do a simple vacuum distillation to recover your ethanol. Just curious if it worked well for you. Thanks for your time

Actually it looks like maybe you went a different direction with the buchi

*bump
Looking for the cheapest pump I can use for simple etoh distillation recovery, that was discussed above.
I already have the hot plate, I just ordered the claisin, liebig and other parts but wasn’t sure on the most affordable and functional pump for the job. I already have a cold trap as well.

Would a Welch 2546B-01 be the ticket?
Is there a cheaper option?
And last, is there a particular tubing needed for these operations? I still have the tubing from my BVV vacuum purge chamber setup, that I thought I could use.

Thanks for the help!

Also, do I let the pump run at full capacity during recovery or do I adjust it to a lower pull, as to avoid any glass implosions from too much pressure?
Thanks again.

This is the biggest load of crock o have read yet. Photon, there is nothing you have to offer that I utillized from you. Way to prop up your ego! Try again, maybe a bit harder next time.

so you’re saying that decarb
wont decrease viscosity?

Or that folks need not understand vapor pressure?

That the engineers toolbox is a worthless addition to an extractors knowledge base?

Or just that you’re too lazy to care who you piss off?

2 Likes

I think he meant to quote the post below yours which mentioned his name directly

1 Like

so this is where square began… pretty interesting to see how far you’ve come. Its kind of freaky how close your starting setup is too mine… our first full run is this weekend.

(how well did you start… asking for a friend):wink::rofl:

Btw what did you use to condense in your roto?

3 Likes

awesome brother, its been a slow cheap process for me (well as cheap as i can get away with). but it has been a fun ride and learning experience and ive made a few friends along the way.

i still dont have the basement lab fully operational as my indoor grow room expansions have taken the front seat. i do have a few pounds of kief and maybe 20 or 30 pounds of trim to process soon.
I wonder… do i know this friend? lol
what do you mean “what did you use to condense in your roto”? do you mean what fluid do i run through the condenser? I use ethanol when using the dewar and cryo cool immersion probe and i use water when using ice and tap water for the make-shift condenser lol.

1 Like

There are even cheaper methods. A claisson adapter in a boiling flask with a cheap condenser would get you there

1 Like

Yea basically like water aspirator/homepump chiller/chiller. Ive got a big ass water aspirator

and just trying to figure out how well this will work in a similar setup.

That thing will work fine and you can add blocks of ice to that to keep it cool just make sure you have enough made up. I’ve heard of ppl using ziplocks as water block molds to put in their aspirators

1 Like

Yes, We bought ice packs so im hoping that’ll do that trick. how many liters an hour of solvent recovery can you obtain with your setup?

my little pieced together 2L buchi R114 pulls maybe 1-1.5L an hour. this is with a non oem condenser and a not so ideal cooling setup. it gets better with each mod i do to it lol.

1 Like

*bump

Yes a wobl will work ok but won’t be as robust as say a vacuubrand or Welch diaphragm pump. They are better suited for ingesting etoh vapors. I personally use eBay purchased 100 dollar wobl pumps

1 Like

Thank you so much! Sorry to have brought up an old thread.
Even more sorry I said the word bump and got someones hopes up, only to have them start drama.lol

You guys are saints and have helped immensely, thanks again for all the info.

Are these videos of your set up? Do you have them somewhere I can see? Trying to put together a budget system to reclaim my Etoh

1 Like