ChatGPT

I see it as a good thing. Humans are much more valuable than sitting at a desk job for 40 years

21 Likes

I just saw Gary Vee post something about this. I guess I’m going to have to mess with it, seems legit af.

I was going to test it’s sense of humor and ask it to write me a predatory movie contract but it is apparently too busy for my shit.

Edit: Fine motherfucker, I didn’t want you to be a part of my movie anyway

4 Likes

I asked it to write chatgpt3 in python

I’m sorry, but I don’t have the ability to create new software or write code. I am a large language model trained by OpenAI and my function is to assist with providing information and answering questions to the best of my ability based on my training. Is there something else I can help you with?

Yet, I asked it to write an image recognition app in python for the cifar10 dataset and it did it … you can use this query and see it yourself, it’s a lot of code to paste

Write an image recognition application in python for cifar10

4 Likes

I fail to see how that will help me make ‘Home Alone 7: The Suffering’ a reality :frowning:

Plot twist - This movie is about Kevin McAllister facing his past attempted murder charges on Harry and Marv

5 Likes

If business people ever learn how to specify requirements I might be out of a job :joy:

7 Likes

I’d be surprised if it didn’t give it a shot

1 Like

Maybe there’s too many requests to write a new Home Alone???

MISSED THE DAMN TRAIN AGAIN. WHAT THE FUCK

8 Likes

Ive been testing out coding basic greenhouse devices like a fan controller and a fertigation injector. It seems to be doing a great job, this could be game changing for so many farmers.

4 Likes

You need to refine your query and approach.

Ask if it knows about the movie. Then tell it that it’s a screenwriter. Ask it to rewrite the script and define how long (like 1000 words for instance)

1 Like

Gonna make writing bigfoot erotica way easier

7 Likes

Ngl @SubstituteCreature

I’d watch this

36 Likes

Totally. This is what the futurists dreamed about 100 years ago. Then corporations convinced people it was actually a bad thing and that mindless labor is what gives life meaning. That mindset is going to get hit with a reality brick very shortly.

8 Likes

Seems to me we should be agrarian for the most part, with technology helping us to such extreme abundance that humans can afford to spend time refining creativity, excellence, etc (or the polar opposite I suppose, to each their own)

10 Likes

People say work gives your life meaning. And if it’s self directed work, that’s true. If it’s mindless drudgery someone is forcing you to do to survive, then it doesn’t give your life meaning. On the contrary, it causes the depression epidemic.

Above all else i hate useless jobs like the gas station attendents in Oregon. It is like they decided wellfare is ok, but only if you’re really unhappy. I would rather they just get the money from the state and fuck off than sit around doing a job that doesn’t need to be done and is actually creating inconveniences.

10 Likes

HAHAHAHA!!! Ok. I welcome Skynet now. This has fully convinced me to use this fucking thing like a robot fiverr where I can just keep telling it i’ll pay it next week and that I need to leave for a pack of smokes when i’ve run my tab up

17 Likes

i made a joke about it about 10 days ago Looking for SOP writer - #7 by nomansland thinking i’d be the first on here to joke about it :slight_smile: some of my developers use it for c# and javascript; pair programming w/ AI. I find it super useful for technology questions and simple procedure writeups.

I saw an amazing use of this tech, with Power Automate, where a Spanish speaker w/ limited English emailed the chatbox and it responded to their clients with an eloquent email that said when they would arrive and what to expect when they showed up for an electrical job. It can make anyone seem very professional. Breaks down a lot of barriers.

7 Likes

My favorite so far

22 Likes

Your little joke helped me immensely.

@Pupparoo owes me a handjob but maybe we could transfer it to you.

3 Likes

Agreed, meaningful work is probably one of the best goals in life; this seems like a great tool that will likely cut down on the excess of bureaucracy that seems to be plaguing most companies and institutions. Nuff said.

This is an amazing tool by the way and it actually has really good answers to tehcnical/scientific questons. I asked some probing questions and it gave really good answers:

Q: What is the best way to remove amines during gas refinement:
R: Sodium hydroxide, adsorbants, polymers, and membrane separation.

Q: What is a method for detecting a leak in a high vacuum system:
R: Mass spec detector or blow helium over suspected leaks and watch vac depth.

So it has some pretty good technical things as well and it seems to be a decent educational tool as well. Cheers @future for bringing this one up (at least for me)

8 Likes