cGMP/iso9001 certified products

Wondering what is going price difference between CBD products manufactured in non-certified and a cGMP/iso9001 certified facility.

At least 18 months and $1M.

2 Likes

About 15 % more expensive are gmp endproducts
But also a larger custumer pool to fish in pharma etc
Is beeing chalanged right now for biomass cannot be produced under gmp deu to lighting ( plasma light might solve that thou)

1 Like

I dunno about pharma GMP but for supplements biomass growing doesn’t fall under GMP rules unless it’s going to be sold to consumer without further processing

Biomass falls under GACP for production. Once harvested amd batched, cGMP applies at the receiving facility.

Yes corect but to produce pharma grade biomass there is a problem with the reproduction of light
Not every lamp is the same

My understanding for botanical pharma products is the plant variety needs to be stable, it has to come from 1(?) Phenotype, and must be grown in three different regions over multiple harvests to ensure long term production viability. From that feedstock you can make an API.

I am not very up to date in this matter
But ar the moment the wageningen university is trying to setup a script for this and the main isseu is the reproducability of light and there outcome is that plasma light is the only light source that can be reproduced at a large scale
Leds and other lights tend to give spectrums that are not identical from the start and in time