Centrifuges for MHG/MAD

Hey there,

I thought about using a tube sifter centrifuge to modify microwave extraction of finely ground plants.
(WO2019106313A1 - Device for extracting and separating volatile and non-volatile compounds from a biological material, and associated process - Google Patents)

I think this could be done in something like a vertically or slightly tilted spinning sifter cylinder.
Cooling would be on both inside and outside for condensation of the light and heavy fractions.

If someone has a centrifuge that could be used that way please try.
For the heating a higher frequency like MIR or NIR (light?) would be better as the bed would be shallow.
I also thought about heating the sifter for maintaining bed temperature.

What do you think about if thermophoresis or even photophoresis plays a role in this process?
Please let me know

2 Likes

Forget the MAD xD
I think of cryo condensing/pumping to get the right pressure for the column or screw MHG,membranes for permeation or pervaporation to block the bigger molecules but I don’t know if that fits into a centrifuge.
The dripping liquid and falling particles should not pass to the collecting surface.

What I mean is a screen scroll centrifuge.

The method swim iwants to use, vacuum microwave steam diffusion and gravity is not to be considered a green technique because of the cooling. Nevertheless, this could lead to a semicontinuous process.

-Pull out air and flush with steam(from fresh plant material) or other condensable carrier vapor
-close system
-put to the trap and pump with condenser @-105C to high vacuum
(-freeze dry to avoide extraction of unwanted substances from other than superficial cells)
-microwave off the lazy molecules

Is MSDf done in tumblers?