Centrifuge w fritted filter

@Waxplug1 Just a heads up, people have Swabbed those and found the Paulie jars contain Lead. We use glass jars in a 3d printed sleeve to hold it secure in the buckets.

4 Likes

I haven’t had any extracts test for lead. I’ll do some tests on my end. Thank you for bringing that to our attention

2 Likes

Why risk using glass when you can use stainless cups though?

4 Likes

316 or 304 Stainless should be fine but other metal cups will start to degrade from exposure to the terpenes/solvent :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

You can spin pyrexes in the square buckets

If it don’t shatter it don’t matter…

7 Likes
3 Likes

Mine at least came out whole

3 Likes

Fixed it

:rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

These are the ones I’m using now

14 Likes

Do you have a solution for the 6x1liter buckets in the beckmanns?

We can adapt to the ones that fit 4x600ml rotors (and have), but I’d like to get more in there…

1 Like

That’s what she said.

4 Likes

Yep. Becky always wants more…she’s got a sister too.

7 Likes

Do you mean a cup and basket that takes advantage of the bucket size?

Soon

5 Likes

I have a full speed basket option for the SS milk jugs. Can hold more concentrates and go much higher rpm without blow outs

1 Like

We have to keep it under 1/2 speed & loading more that 150g per basket gets problematic

3 Likes

I’ll find out their tolerance and report back to you.

3 Likes

Amazing information here. Thanks to all who have contributed. After reading through this thread a couple times I decided to buy a cheap ($80) 6x20ml 4000rpm fuge off of Amazon. It works very well and seems to be perfectly balanced spinning at max speed. The unit is surprisingly quiet! I had 20 grams of live sugar that I wanted to remove the terps from and make some carts. I used 2 of the tubes with 2"x4" 25micron rosin bags. Loaded the bags with approximately 10g each and then inserted in the tubes. My unit came with tubes, but they do not have caps on them. I ended up having to use a small piece of masking tape on the outside of the tubes to hold the bags in place. I ran the unit at full speed for approximately 3.5 hours, checking on it every 30 minutes. Most separation was done after an hour, but I continued to spin until satisfied. I did not stir the thca fraction at all during the process, which Im sure if I did it would of finished faster. I’ll try mixing/stirring next time. I ended up with 11g of thca and 9g of sauce. I do plan to order tubes with lids before spinning again.

6 Likes

For $80 that works pretty well! If you end up getting tubes with caps can you link them here to show which ones fit? Thanks in advance :v:t2:

1 Like

Absolutely, I just ordered a couple different sized ones to try. Also got some 15ml ones to stick inside the 20ml one. I plan to cut the bottoms off the 15ml ones and fit a piece of the rosin bag over the end and then press fit it inside the 20ml ones. I’ll update later this week once the tubes arrive. Here is a link to the fuge I got.

TOPQSC Electric Lab Benchtop Centrifuge, 4000rpm Speed Desktop Machine 6 Tubes x 20ml, with Timer 0-60min and Speed Control https://a.co/d/9oiF5Be

1 Like