Centrifuge w fritted filter

Bonus points if you use campy parts lol (campagnolo) vintage, I’m sure :bike:

2 Likes

Sometimes inspiration comes from the craziest places…

10 Likes

Sweat equity

1 Like

Wheres all my jimmy riggers at? Lets get together and make something happen

5 Likes

A 3000rpm 30" mower blade would put out 3824 RCF!

2 Likes

Have you tried this yet @Killa12345 @cyclopath ?

6 Likes

My fuge spins @ 4000rpm. So that’s a pretty good number. 4000rpm is still considered low, too.

No lawnmowers when I get there

2 Likes

Fuck it ima strap it to my rims on my car and hit 120mph on the I-5 :joy:

14 Likes

Anyway we can propel it with magnets? How fast can we get those going? A simple electric charge can create the polarity. How many stir bars think this would take?

1 Like

We can use compressed air
You wont be limited by a motor this way
Just need something to handle the rpm

10 Likes

Yesssss

1 Like

Or mirrors and lasers :joy:

5 Likes

I was tossing this sort of idea around with my wife. I remember doing this same thing with a rollerblade wheel when I was a kid. My step dad saw this and got real panicked apparently air will turn it fast enough for the wheel to fly apart.

1 Like

I can make this happen but i need someone to weld the bearings on a triclamp lid… @TwistedStill you got me?

@Indofab?

3 Likes

I could, but aren’t you is socal? @Soxhlet would be closer.

Do you have a tri clamp center port on that lid? Why not make tri clamp adapter that goes from 2" out to the 4 bolt bearing flange?

3 Likes

That works too but it would be nice to have a triclamp bearing lid i can mount with hp clamps

I need it here brother

And then use compressed air to propel the spin
Put one on top and bottom to balance it out

1 Like

Maybe bolting a bearing on would be easier?

5 Likes

Yup…were talking about the same thing.

So…I could probably make a flange that would thread on to the NPT nipple and have the bearing/pillow block bolt pattern on the other side. No welding required. But, I’m not sure on how well the axial position would be maintained with that set up…but I’m also not sure that’s too critical here

3 Likes

My quick research is coming up with high torque low RPM air motors, has anyone found the opposite? Or high torque and high RPM?