Centrifuge for methanolic mushroom extraction

Has anyone attempted a centrifuge for mushroom extraction with methanol? I’m trying to do a build out that is for the most part hermetically sealed to avoid human health hazards associated with methanol.

2 Likes

Why not just use acidic aqueous solutions followed by heating to dephosphorylate to Psilocin?

3 Likes

Got any additional info on that? I’ve a friend who’s been working on that without success. (Converting to psilocin)

https://catbull.com/alamut/Bibliothek/psilocin.extraction.html#refs

This doesn’t seem to be repeatable in the way process design demands. Also, the ester functions as a protecting group. psilocin oxidizes rapidly in comparison.

1 Like

Which is why it calls for a quick quench after the dephosphorylation.

This is not an extraction procedure for yield. It is only trying to recover sufficient quantities for analysis. But it’s a starting point.

If ur not using sonification, then your going to want to do vat style and just hold the mushrooms in a stirring solution for 14-16 hrs, then let it settle, decant the top. The bottom can be dumped into a centrifuge.
Do this twice and youll get everything out. Do it once and youll get about 70% out

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, although I wish i could avoid the open air methanol thing. i get sick from looking at it now.

id rather extract with methanol to be as selective as possible for alkaloids, and then de-esterify the extract with lithium aluminum hydride