Cedrol

I’ve been seeing a ton of cedrol in extracts coming out of one processor located in southern Oregon, but I haven’t seen it anywhere else. No posting about it on here, google doesn’t turn much info up for it either. Is this the result of some new chemovars, added terps, naturally produced?
I don’t know of any strains that are notable producers but it’s the dominant terp in over half of my recent pickups. No complaints as to quality, it’s just strange. This is the same company I found a geranyl acetate dominant extract from.

2 Likes

Can you post coas at all? Curious

1 Like

Going to bet they’re adding fake terps.

If it were trace amounts that would be one thing but as one of the main terps… yeah I don’t think so

3 Likes

check: https://www.caymanchem.com/product/25769

(+)-Cedrol is a sesquiterpene alcohol that has been used in Cannabis testing and has diverse biological activities.

Formal Name

(3R,3aS,6R,7R,8aS)-octahydro-3,6,8,8-tetramethyl-1H-3a,7-methanoazulen-6-ol

might be worth checking @anon81723932’s work

to see if anyone else is reporting cedrol…

edit: nope. not listed. 3390 strains and no mention of cedrol…but perfumers apprentice sells it.

5 Likes

Cedrol is a sesquiterpene alcohol found in the essential oil of conifers.

1 Like

dude told you they was trees…

9 Likes

A buddy gave me a dab of some wax that had a very distinctive but indescribable taste. Nothing I’ve ever tasted in an extract before. It tasted really good but the taste would linger in your chest with a weird earthy, lemony, piney tang.

Didnt seem like an artificial terpene profile but rather like someone added a single ingredient to a good natural terpene profile. How does what you have smell?

2 Likes

Smell/taste are good on all of them, fruity for the most part. Not much in the way of pine or cedar in the smell or taste.

It’s against the law to add non-cannabis derived terpenes while labeling a product a “cannabis extract” in oregon. This is one of the bigger processors out here so I’m not sure how they’d get away with something so brazen if they are adding non-cannabis terps

3 Likes

Yes this would be a huge deal, they have a reputation as one of the best in the state.

1 Like

But are they claiming it’s a Cannabis extract

every container is labeled “premium cannabis extract”

3 Likes

that was my thought too…

who does their testing?

I tossed a lot of the packaging, the box I still have says ChemHistory

I have never in my life even seen that terpene in cannabis.

Most states do not even test for that terpene at all. This could be why it’s never reported on. Or it could just not exist in the plant, or at least not in significant amounts like these extracts.

This is a question for @Xcmtech. Have you ever seen Cedrol in cannabis flower? Better yet, have you ever seen it exist as one of the primary terpenes?

Is there any chance the lab is identifying it in place of another terpene alcohol like Nerolidol or something?

Side note since it was mentioned: if I recall correctly geranyl acetate does exist in cannabis, just not in very significant amounts.

1 Like

I’ve seen nerolidol as the primary in another strain(heroes of the farm blend), I don’t have an insert for that one however

What I want to know is what Cedrol is used for in “cannabis testing”. Is it used as an analytical standard for a potential component of a terpene profile?

It’s doesnt seem like its possible that the concentration of cedrol you’re seeing is the result of a line bred cannabis strain… some form of myrcene and pinene are almost always the dominant terpene in the mixture.

2 Likes

Oh yeah Nerolidol is extremely common. One of the top 10 if not top 5. No doubt about Nerolidol being legitimate.

Perhaps they are reading a similiar terpene alcohol but I do not know if that’s even possible.

2 Likes

I dont know about any of this…but your my homie based on this picture. Got a Chinese type 56 mat there behind the COAs…my dawg :fist_right: :fist_left:

3 Likes

lol, I like tekmats for mousepads. This one is at the end of its life, I have an m1 garand one to replace it coming in

1 Like