CDT Canna derived Terpenes cost the same as HDT Hemp derived Terpenes to produce, yet cost 10x more

Hi everyone

I assume that HDT and CDT Terps are MAINLY sourced from outdoor grows - due to the ‘bulk’ nature of outdoor yields, prohibitivelyely high costs, and an unnecessary waste of 10/10 indoor bud.

1. Is this assumption correct - I am 95% sure it is.

If so, I know that Hemp does not yield more, in both biomass and concentration of desired compounds, than ordinary sinsemilla. It may be more widely available, however, due to wider legalisation of Hemp than Cannabis.

1. So why are Canna derived Terps so much more expensive than Hemp derived?

It seems like they both take up the same amount of land, use similar amounts of resources to grow, the extraction processes are the same… The only real difference is that Hemp bud is very widely available and THC bud is less so.

That WOULD explain a higher price - lower supply of input materials. However, THC bud contains higher concentrations of all compounds, including Terpenes - this extra yield should surely cancel out the increased price from a lower supply of biomass?

Thus, the only reason I can explain for their higher price is their higher quality. Yeah, I get it. But if it costs similar prices to produce, then why is its sale price 10 TIMES more? 2, 3 times more, MAYBE.

The market here feels broken. Unless I am missing something fundamental, it appears CDT manufacturers are simply profiteering while they can. I dont blame then, when concentrates first became a thing, a gram of brown shatter would cost £100. Nowadays its a fifth of that price.

Will the same happen to CDT’s? What am I missing here? :thinking:

Hemp biomass is basically free ($0) for terpene processes

1 Like

what do you mean by this brother?

This is super secret national weed security stuff that we can’t let the old white guys know about

The reason is the people you are talking to are using solvents like co2 and butane (suckers!) to extract and their labor/costs are naturally higher

2 Likes

As time goes on, Im becoming more inclined to hop on a flight to the US to meet with farmers and extractors and organise my own thing. Or atleast meet producers I can build a relationship with. The internet and shipping times and lack of COMPLETE full info on each product is making this pretty difficult.

Should I go to America and find the source myself - am I wasting my time on here?

What he means is that your premise that the costs are similar or the same for outdoor grows of Hemp vs Cannabis are not appropriate assumptions.

You are assuming that the agricultural costs are the same - without taking into account some other items that are not the same. The costs of licensing, the costs of security, the cost of video footage, the cost of financial audits, the cost of regulator inspections, the cost of licensed facilities for downstream processing (which have all of the costs listed above a 2nd time because REASONS).

There are some other assumptions here as well, which may or may not be accurate. Is there a higher quality? I haven’t seen it myself, but then I’m a chemist and I call bullshit on origination most of the time since you can make most things. Hell that’s what natural product chemistry is about making the “same stuff” from cheaper materials all day every day.

So if we were to say look at an Acre per Acre cost - the costs for producing licensed THC cannabis are higher. And yes - 10 times higher, potentially.

The percentage of additional compounds is not as high as you imply in your note. Total terpenes are growing condition and strain dependent yes - but that doesn’t mean you cannot grow or harvest for appropriate terpenes. So there is no reason to assume that somehow you wouldn’t be able to grow as much as needed to produce the quantities needed.

There will soon be a shift in hemp product prices in the US (not sure about other countries) that will be caused by the change in Farm Bill that is looming (it happens every 6 years, so only 2 years to go) combined with the lack of clarity from the FDA which has lead to fewer acres under cultivation than the last 4 years, plus fewer acres planned to be under cultivation next year.

But still @qma is right when he says that the biomass is basically free - because there are still hundreds of growers sitting on TONNES of biomass, plus still dozens if not more than that sitting on crude concentrates out there in 55gal drums, because REASONS.

Will THC cannabis come through the green rush in a similar fashion - yes, 100% it will. The prices for all agricultural products fall to that of all other normal commodities usually within about 10 years. The only thing that is keeping that from happening is the international illegality of the plant - otherwise it would have happened 20+ years ago.

Yes we expect that this will happen after more countries provide legalization around the world. Globalization happens to all commodities that can be openly traded from places with cheaper land, labor, energy, and fewer regulations.

I don’t expect to see this in the next 5 years - but many are hopeful to see that happen sooner. And hopefully that will mean that you can buy weed just about anywhere for about the price or cheaper than beer. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes M8! Fuck the finances, you will have the time of your life shooting guns and shagging women with dreads. You will live a post scarcity paradox that would have never seen in the UK (pure diamonds at $1 per g in bulk, free flower, 14 gram blunts, grabba leaf, rigs that cost whole cars, I could go on)

I really recommend you come over just because you are looking at things through a eurocentric outlook. Where you are headed you will probably never need papers, so you might be able to winter the collapse on that side over on this side.

Not as much for the terps, i garruntee you will end up miserable if you are trying to make money offa terps lol.

4 Likes

That sounds amazing… Ive always wanted to visit, live in america. We should have the right to own guns - coming from someone who was held hostage alone in his own home in a London ghetto, by super gremlins with machetes - they deserved to have their heads blown off - fucked me up so badly it was so wrong and I could do nothing, NOTHING.

We have had success over here selling Mr Extractors BDT’s, but the market is growing and I need the best possible quality; perhaps the US market is oversaturated? Or maybe we’ve just built some great wholesale customers over the years. Either way, good luck to you bro and thank you.

It does seem like you need a vaccination to even enter america, hopefully that will change

1 Like

Dump that piece of shit and sell abstrax or massterps

2 Likes

Okay this is a comprehensive response and it makes a lot of sense, I wasn’t taking licenses and regulatory compliance costs into account, fair enough - but do hemp farmers not have to face similar regulations?

Also, many Hemp Terpenes have a particular base smell to them. Its as if they all are high in one certain compound, this sentiment is echoed by others ive spoken to, but it isnty always the case. As I said, the sample I received, some were like that, but some were very nice.

Would you know who I should be talking to in regards to the SOURCE of the highest quality HDTs and CDTs? I dont wanna buy from a reseller, I want to be the first reseller.

The Hemp and Canna terps are certainly of a higher quality (subjective ofc) than botanicals, surely you would agree? Never have BDT’s stunk a room out like a bag of weed, but these small 2ml vials of HDTs stunk the room even while being sealed up (perhaps ALL the smell was from that one half ml CDT but I doubt it, these HDTs are nice man)

Hahaha whats up with the hate for them bro? Someone else said something similar did something happen?

Because although someone on here said the quality is terrible, I really dont agree, they’ve been nicer than multiple big brands we’ve tested and are consistent, large range… Someone said they smell like perfume, maybe a couple but theres around 100 strains, SOME are very nice

They singlehandedly destroyed the cart market in 2019 by their aggressive marketing of vitamin e oil in the years proceeding. Those years (2017-2019) it was nearly impossible to run the formulas we do these days because you were competing with people selling lotion vapes.

In 2020, it led to a cart revival with a market that is relatively unchanged to this day. Even with the cannabis market crashing around us, the cart market is held strong. Thats why clashing with people on the cart market here is a death sentence that only people on the way out of this market risk

1 Like

Free terps for 90 days hard labor

2 Likes

We have an extraction facility and white label manufacture in Czech Republic that we ship for Europe if you are interested

1 Like

Czech Republic? Where are you sourcing your biomass?