Ccell M6T or TH2

I’ve been a user of ccell carts for over a year. Before buying ccell carts I’ve had some off brand glass carts break, so when buying ccell carts I went with the M6T, also because they’re cheaper. After a year, I’m reconsidering my position. I’ve always known about the terp limit, but just recently realized the reason, terps can degrade polycarbonate.

So now I ask the experts here, which is better, M6T or TH2 carts? I don’t run more then 5% terps, so are the TH2 worth the premium or is it simply the same element system with glass housing instead of poly? Will I have any concerns with the poly if I keep my terps at 5%? My paranoia is leaning take towards the TH2’s

1 Like

M6T are the most popular style carts out now so if your keeping your terp percentage low sticking with those seems the best bet.

If you are looking for a glass solution but dont want to pay the th2 prices look at other reliable companies like AVD, they have M6t style carts made of glass that don’t require any special tool to close them.

3 Likes

Or you can look into the iKrusher JC105. Glass tanks, same oil intakes as a CCell, and the same ceramic formulation also.

Starting price is $2/cartridge for under 800 as that’s how they come in a case.

Let me know if you’d like some samples.

There’s no difference in the atomizer between the M6T and TH2 though. Just the tank material.

Then why do the press fits hit so much better than the screw on?

Hello gobstopp, as long as you are below 8% terps you will be fine with authentic CCELL hardware. Lots of big brands still use and enjoy the M6T’s without issues, the only reason to change for you with your low terp percentage would be aesthetics. If you have any other questions or want to get more technical I am more than happy to make myself available via email or a quick call!

1 Like

I have used each of these carts frequently and I’m still so torn between the two! I feel the m6t didn’t clog as much now that its summer fuck i have to baby these things I dont cut. I use 5 % Terps if the carts tip on their side and it’s a hot day that shit is running straight up the mouthpiece. Have had more failures and problem with the th2. My buddy had some badass tank that were just released they are lock tank and you can twist the cart to close the holes and stop the oil flow which is a game changer in my eyes. I’m sick of having problems with returns/issues because of clogging or some bs.

1 Like

I’m very curious why the CCELL Glass TH2 (Twist on) remains a popular style for many vape cartridge brands on the market today.

As a previous oil extractor and vape cartridge seller, I have always preferred a press-fit that allowed for more efficient capping to cut down on labor costs, in addition to it being child-proof to meet state regulations.

Is it because customers can open it up again and re-fill again? Or what is it that I am missing?

2 Likes

Most likely. I use the twist specifically so I can refill mine for personal use, though it only lasts several refills until the hardware goes bad.

From a business perspective, it would be legit if there was a long lasting cart hardware (not the fat ass bricks) on the market so craft cannabis could operate like microbreweries… come fill up “your growler” aka your tank, with some local crafted oil.

Alas, my own little fairy tale. Also wouldn’t fly with cannabis control oversight.

Hmmm… so you bring up some interesting points:

We recently filed a patent on a new utility function that is similar to our Eazy Press that we made for AVD that is a low torque capping system on a glass tank and is also child-safe.

However, we recently redesigned it, so that it will also have the ability to unlock, if needed.

This will combine the efficient capping for large or small brands, but also give the consumer the ability to open, reclaim (in the event of failure) and/or reuse - although we shouldn’t really market that feature but we know consumers do reuse. We believe you can use our tanks 2-3x though without noticing a major deterioration since we use a lower heating temp.

1 Like

Pressing caps is a pain in the ass.

Alot of decision makers don’t really understand CapEX:OpEX and don’t want to invest in some simple gear to press fit the caps

Press fit caps tend to fall off more for the end user, and I have even heard of caps poping off partial decarb live resin before it’s even cool and out of the tray.

2 Likes

The CCELL M6T’s have had issues with the tips popping off due to the amount of torque required to press on. However, the Eazy Press that we make for AVD has a very refined locking system that locks every time with very little effort requiring only an opposable thumb to press it down until you hear the “click.”

1 Like

@vortal All it takes is a 40 dollar arbor press from harbor freight. I’ve found it less of strain on the hands then twisting 1000’s of tips on.