CBNA in Distillate

this guy seems to have similar levels of cbna on his coa too

1 Like

Iā€™m going to run a sample of the crude myself and then get it tested with steep hill. They have a CBNA standard. Then I will send the same sample to this lab here to compare. Again, not that I think it is CBNA, but this should help prove that it isnā€™t.

If theyā€™re running the same method, theyā€™ll get the same result. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s meaningful to get it retested. What you really need to do is isolate the supposed CBNA and get an NMR done on it.

I think itā€™s cbnd, youā€™re making cbd into cbnd how thc gets made into cbn if you isomerize (which he did) then your cbd would convert to d8 and cbnd. Anytime I made d8 from thc Iā€™d always get some cbn, why canā€™t you get cbnd if you isomerize cbd?

1 Like

Iā€™ve always wondered if this compound was able to account for the psychoactivity attributed to CBN. I didnt notice any effects of CBN at all when I tried it.

This old paper claims that photochemical conversion of CBD produces the compound CBND up to a purity of about 50%.

@Roguelab werenā€™t you reaching about 50% CBN with your early photo conversion experiments? Was there any psychoactivity in your samples?

https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-9422(77)80023-X

Yes but I atribute that to the large amount of thc for that s always been my starting material :joy:
But intersting :pray:

2 Likes

I have never even seen a COA in Fl where they tested for CBNa. Also I donā€™t see CBDa turning into CBNa i would have to agree with @Kingofthekush420 that the peak is more likely to be CBNd only becuse that is a more natural pathway for CBDa. There is a chance that CBDa could be converted to THCa and then there is a pathway to CBNa using heat. I dont think that second option is very likely here unless youre doing some type of CRC that is adding and subtracting hydrogens and manipulating your extract.

1 Like